The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 rehoming sspca?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paul88s Posted - 21/10/2011 : 19:47:29
does anyone know if it costs you anything to rehome a pet from the sspca? thanks
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/10/2011 : 14:38:52
Yeah i am stunned not been pooed on my neck yet! legs and the dogs yes, but not neck!
Corrah Posted - 26/10/2011 : 09:27:41
I'm a softie for animals. Before I moved up this end of the country I had 3 rescue cats and I was trying not to get any animals when we moved, but hubby persuaded me otherwise. Soon we will have a mini zoo here, but I guess that is the story pretty much with all you guys.

Nice to see so many folks who are just crazy about animals.

My camera is definately stuffed, so will try to get a few pictures of the crew with another camera. I really find the snakes relaxing. Altivo was curled round my neck the other night just like a necklace (not constricting thankfully) and I nearly fell asleep. Just glad he didn't poo on me!

C x
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/10/2011 : 02:36:55
Really glad you have not given up on snakes xxx
Corrah Posted - 25/10/2011 : 14:52:47
I think we are going to have to build an extension for all the fish tanks and vivs! I'm sure the little one will find a good home too. Bet the neighbours were talking though when they saw the SSPCA van outside our house!
Sta~ple Posted - 25/10/2011 : 14:11:14
Congrats! So happy that he has a nice new home! Hopefully the other will do soon too!
thistle Posted - 25/10/2011 : 13:46:08
Yay!!!!!!
Corrah Posted - 25/10/2011 : 12:07:49
I am delighted to let you know that Millie will be coming home on Saturday. My camera is a bit dodgy, but I will get as many pictures as I can before he goes into his viv. Hubby has got plans all drawn up to build a stack. Yippee.
thistle Posted - 25/10/2011 : 01:59:57
That's excellent news! I'm sure you'll give him a fantastic new home.
Kez Posted - 24/10/2011 : 19:46:10
Good on ya Corrah I'm sure Millie will be very happy with her now, loving owner
Corrah Posted - 24/10/2011 : 11:55:42
I'm going to splash out on a new digital camera soon, so hopefully I'll be able to get some good pictures. Will keep you all posted on how things go.

C x
Sta~ple Posted - 23/10/2011 : 20:44:41
That's lovely to know Millie has a home :3 can't wait for the pictures.
Auld Baldy Posted - 23/10/2011 : 20:28:17
Good on ya Corrah. Welcome to the Snakey Re-Housing Association.

When you go to pick up Millie, tell the staff that Mirkey & Blaze said Helloooo!
Corrah Posted - 23/10/2011 : 18:56:10
Just working through the posts I've missed and just seen this. Waiting for the SSPCA to arrange a home inspection. Have already seen Millie and he is a stunner at around 4ft ish long. Currently in blue when I saw him on Saturday, but still very alert and not spooked or anything.

They also have a Carolina baby in at the moment, but not rehoming him or her just yet. They thought age was around 6 weeks, but looked more like 3 to 4 months to me (although limited knowledge I must admit).

C x
Aegis Posted - 23/10/2011 : 10:05:43
Millie caught my eye! But im so far away! Hope they all get good homes soon, i always keep an eye on that site to see how many they have in!
Sta~ple Posted - 22/10/2011 : 18:48:52
Someone has to take Millie though :9 so they can then take lots of photos.
Auld Baldy Posted - 22/10/2011 : 18:27:17
Hmm Hmmm! Mr.Rigsby of Bide-a-Snake Lodgings here.
I have 3 contented SSPCA residents .... so far, including Mirkey the Mauler, the magnificent Blaze and Wee Woody.

The process is straight forward. Phone the number on the SSPCA website. They will take your details and arrange for a home inspection. It is quick and simply a check that you have suitable equipment available. They will then phone and ask you to come into the centre to have a look at and handle the snake of your choice. If everyone is satisfied then it is sign the documentation and pay the re-homing fee which is usually £20 ->£25. It barely covers their care costs and vet check. The snakes are only sexed if already known, they do not probe as a policy.

Take a suitable transport box when you go to the centre for the pick up. I used a medium fishing tackle box, lined with bubble wrap and put the snake in a pillow case. This was ample for a 1 hour trip via public transport on a bitterly cold day.

If required they will transfer between Glasgow and Edinburgh Centres which is the main snake care depot. The Glasgow Centre does have little 'Fizz' at the moment and he's a little cracker.

Shout if you want any more info and no, I don't get a discount for references. I just wait to see which one Mamma gets her eye on and then nip in there quick.
paul88s Posted - 21/10/2011 : 20:31:50
lol well i have a spare setup and im itching to get another snake,just thought it would be a gd idea to rehome one.
Sta~ple Posted - 21/10/2011 : 20:27:25
quote:
Originally posted by paul88s

ok cool,have you ever rehomed any pets?do you know how it works? thanks

Um... not through official channels lol! Closet to officialness was "keep this cat or it will get put down within the week!" XD

It's great that your thinking of re homing though :3
gmac Posted - 21/10/2011 : 20:21:25
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

auld baldy just rehomed one from there. Im sure they will be able to tell you

lol true he is the master rehomer :D
Mamma Posted - 21/10/2011 : 20:14:46
auld baldy just rehomed one from there. Im sure they will be able to tell you

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000