The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 A question on finding slightly older corns

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Loopholes Posted - 16/10/2011 : 20:33:05
Im having troubles at the moment at home and have to move so wont be getting another corn prob for 6 months maybe to a year once its all sorted.
How hard would it be to find a year and a half old corn when im able to get another one?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 17/10/2011 : 15:52:27
One thing I have noticed though is you get a lot of people 'moving' or 'unable to devote time to the animal' and you can clearly see that the snake is too big for the setup its in (and normally missing a lot of equipment needed too) and they have bought a tiny little snake that all of a sudden is a big snake and they either cant afford to upgrade their viv or just dont want something so large. You see it all the time. There are the honest people out there too though, cant tar everyone with the same brush.
Sta~ple Posted - 17/10/2011 : 15:30:21
If you do a good search, you can get normals, snows, amels, anerys for like £20/30 with some kind of basic set-up from people desperate to get rid.
kdlang Posted - 17/10/2011 : 13:14:17
Older snakes do cost more than hatchlings as they are seen to have passed the danger period of infant deaths. A snake that is of breeding age is going to cost a bit more again for obvious reasons
Sta~ple Posted - 17/10/2011 : 12:48:52
The above also reptile forums have them. Seems like people go no a mad buying hatchie spree and then family issues or they want to breed royals :-S and breeders change there breeding plans or snakes aren't the genes they were sold at :-P
lotabob Posted - 17/10/2011 : 02:16:26
Gumtree is usually full of unwanted snakes. Preloved is the same.
mikeyd_26 Posted - 17/10/2011 : 00:47:07
hmm my neck of the woods hatchies are all over the place.. yet yearlings/subadults are a rare find and tend to cost more, but thats through the breeders i know, and there all high end prices.
e.g. ready to breed/or soon. But im sure theres snakes out there just got to look! and here is a good start! :)
kdlang Posted - 16/10/2011 : 22:22:16
To be honest, older corns come available pretty regularly. People seem to buy cute little hatchlings and then get bored, don't have room, etc. All of mine have been bought as older snakes. I have only had one hatchling and that died so it kind of put me off hatchlings a little.
paulie78 Posted - 16/10/2011 : 21:20:37
Wouldnt think itd be hard at all just look for "yearlings" plenty of them about mate

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000