The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 How embarrassing!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mort13 Posted - 08/10/2011 : 17:31:06
I've been tagged again,and for the first time my blood has been drawn.
The embarrassing bit is the snake in question that did it.

My smallest snake,Ollivander!

Graphic photo's of the wound:

One with an arrow so you can find it lol:
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 10/10/2011 : 14:49:10
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

And I'm sure it only got worse.. Did it look something like this after a few minutes when the blood had started flowing??

LMAO!! Its even worse,I'm typing with one hand....
scottishbluebird Posted - 10/10/2011 : 14:18:56
lmao
garrie Posted - 10/10/2011 : 11:37:40
Oakleyman18...LOL!
oakleyman18 Posted - 10/10/2011 : 11:21:42
And I'm sure it only got worse.. Did it look something like this after a few minutes when the blood had started flowing??

LittlestarRed Posted - 10/10/2011 : 10:55:54
Sure as heck made me jump! LOL
Yep Boa's do seem to strike very fast! I'd been bitten by Royals before (that hurt!) but there was no real warning with the Hogg, mouth was open but no teeth marks. The breeder said I was lucky! hahahaha!
lotabob Posted - 09/10/2011 : 12:37:05
Goodness me if that had have been half an inch to the left and an inch deeper it could have been serious.

You've done well not jumping, Sanke (a Hogg coincidentallyu) has had a few pops at me but the funny thing is she is so fast that she has already hit me and moved away again before I even jump she is just so fast. I actually filmed her strike for fun (and boredom) and if my memory serves me correct she went from rest to strike to recoiling away in 0.1 seconds, human reaction time is double that so no chance of getting out of the way. On the plus note she only ever seems to headbutt me, no teeth.
Mort13 Posted - 09/10/2011 : 10:36:11
quote:
Originally posted by LittlestarRed

Haha! You poor thing that looks sore! ;)

Makes you jump doesn't it!? I got tagged today, but it wasn't my snake. Hubby is looking into Dwarf Boas and Royals. Got tagged by a Hogg Island that was angry at being woken up in a pet shop! Didn't break the skin but I wasn't expecting it so jumped like a *bleep*. It scared the kids rigid! lol

Hubby is now leaning towards a Royal. What a wuss,I still like the Boa, He'd keep me on my toes! lol

Too be honest I've never jumped. Either my snakes are really quick or I'm really slow but I never seem to react when I get tagged!
Mind you a Hogg Island would probably get more of a reaction out of me lol.
Yep,I had to make it a big arrow to be sure you'd be able to locate the bite ha,ha,ha.

Oh scottishbluebird. Falcor says thanks for thinking about him but he had a nice cuddle with his mum and isn't scared anymore!
Auld Baldy Posted - 09/10/2011 : 01:40:12
You get a right load of honest sympathy from this lot ... cynical but honest.

Just wait until it's our turn to run greeting to our Mammies!
thistle Posted - 09/10/2011 : 00:03:15
OMG! What did the doctors say, do they think they'll be able to save your hand?

Think you'll need to use a snake hook from now on rather than handle that beast. You wouldn't want to risk such a bad bite again.
Sta~ple Posted - 08/10/2011 : 22:48:11
Lmao that arrow is bigger than the mark!
Spreebok Posted - 08/10/2011 : 21:27:05
Gosh, it looks like they may need to amputate :O
paulie78 Posted - 08/10/2011 : 20:37:56
Should we setup a helpline for traumatised tagged snake owners lol hes a stunning looking lad mate bet you forgave him almost instantly lol
Okeetee Mick Posted - 08/10/2011 : 19:09:25
Nice looking snake
LittlestarRed Posted - 08/10/2011 : 19:00:55
Haha! You poor thing that looks sore! ;)

Makes you jump doesn't it!? I got tagged today, but it wasn't my snake. Hubby is looking into Dwarf Boas and Royals. Got tagged by a Hogg Island that was angry at being woken up in a pet shop! Didn't break the skin but I wasn't expecting it so jumped like a *bleep*. It scared the kids rigid! lol

Hubby is now leaning towards a Royal. What a wuss,I still like the Boa, He'd keep me on my toes! lol
scottishbluebird Posted - 08/10/2011 : 18:47:11
OMG are you going to be ok? how long did the ambulance take? do you need trauma counceling? I think that nasty wound will scare Falcor, but dont worry, i can make him feel safe
Mort13 Posted - 08/10/2011 : 18:30:03
Nice try kdlang but I think I'll be ok,might just have a drink to settle my nerves
My daughter was more traumatised as he lurched at her afterwards. She didn't half shift lol.
I have to laugh,the only snake the kids won't hold is the smallest!
kdlang Posted - 08/10/2011 : 17:57:34
You must be traumatised after such a horrendous bite. If it helps you to get over it sooner, I'l organise a courier to bring Olli to me as soon as possible
Auld Baldy Posted - 08/10/2011 : 17:57:16
I always have a spare pint of B-Rhesus Positive in the freezer for such emergencies.
gmac Posted - 08/10/2011 : 17:48:42
I would be more embarrassed posting a obviously photoshopped image to make the injury look worse and claiming a nasty bite :P .

tordyjo Posted - 08/10/2011 : 17:46:17
think several stitches are in order, just watch it doesn't get infected and your hand drops off after that bite - you never know

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000