The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Just how strong is an adult corn?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 10:49:14
Just thinking about random things today and was wondering just how strong can an adult corn be? What would be the biggest animal a corn could kill, but not necessarily eat? Just curious as to whether anyone can answer this for me
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 04/10/2011 : 01:58:01
quote:
Originally posted by Diesel1994

I think if they want to be they can be very strong, I have a corn about 7 months old, he feeds like a king snake, but is pure corn, i put an adult mouse infront of him, he constricted that so hard he collapsed its rib cage and forced brain matter through the nose. I think if they really had the aggression inside them then then they could kill something quite big as with any snake they are mostly muscle, i believe it is more their personality.

Thanks for not postin pics lol
Diesel1994 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 16:48:47
I think if they want to be they can be very strong, I have a corn about 7 months old, he feeds like a king snake, but is pure corn, i put an adult mouse infront of him, he constricted that so hard he collapsed its rib cage and forced brain matter through the nose. I think if they really had the aggression inside them then then they could kill something quite big as with any snake they are mostly muscle, i believe it is more their personality.
Spreebok Posted - 03/10/2011 : 11:25:58
They're not too strong, certainly not to the point where if it wants to do something you can't really stop it, like some adult pythons and such. An adult gripping tightly onto your arm (trying to hold on for example) does have a slight blood pressure armband effect, but it's not too bad, I had Holly gripping on whilst I was outside with him the other day, and it was slightly uncomfortable, but not painful!
I could imagine that an adult could possibly strangle a small cat, given that the cat didn't fight back, but they'd never be able to eat that, so no chance of that happening really!

But thats just me speculating on the cat thing really, and strength is going on ym adult corn Holly, could vary from snake to snake :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000