The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Flashing light

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
small_soldier Posted - 03/10/2011 : 08:33:40
I have a habistat mat stat as a way of heating my ghost but the heat light is flashing slowly, i guess that's not good but can't find anything in the manual to tell me why.
It's been so hot here that it's dificult to know if the mat is working as the temp is still mid 70's in the viv.

I guess i need to take it out and test it but does anyone know what's going on?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 11/10/2011 : 17:31:57
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by small_soldier

the guy's at euro Rep(habistat) couldn't have been more helpful, stat now in the post and should have it back early next week.

That's why I like habistat so much, you may pay a few quid more for the equipment, but the aftercare and customer support is absolutely incredible.

I have to agree, this is why I bought habistat equipment. I've heard of people not keeping their receipts or having the product over the year of warranty and them repairing it for free or very very cheap! Did they ever say what was wrong with it?
kdlang Posted - 11/10/2011 : 10:54:16
Great news. It is really good to hear of positive customer service reports although I can't say I have heard any bad ones from habistat
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/10/2011 : 23:44:17
quote:
Originally posted by small_soldier

the guy's at euro Rep(habistat) couldn't have been more helpful, stat now in the post and should have it back early next week.

That's why I like habistat so much, you may pay a few quid more for the equipment, but the aftercare and customer support is absolutely incredible.
small_soldier Posted - 07/10/2011 : 17:09:27
small_soldier Posted - 04/10/2011 : 19:40:23
cheers for that, i have a spare dimmer stat with a bulb so will stick that in the viv while i sort out the mat stat as it might be out of action for a while
Sta~ple Posted - 04/10/2011 : 16:22:16
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

If it's not clicking, and it's definitely not a pulse stat then I would say it's decided to stop working.
As staple says, a pulse stat will power up every other second (to pulse the heat source, funny that. :D) but they normally have a minimum loads value of about 40 watts so wouldn't work with a single mat.

To me it sounds like duff stat, dig out the box/receipt and get hold of habistat is probably gonna be your best bet.

Mine works with a single mat just fine, I don't think pulses have a minimum wattage. But yeah, unless it has pulse written on it I would do as K said and get in contact with habistat, they are normally good with faults and repairs I hear :D
Kehhlyr Posted - 04/10/2011 : 10:08:05
If it's not clicking, and it's definitely not a pulse stat then I would say it's decided to stop working.
As staple says, a pulse stat will power up every other second (to pulse the heat source, funny that. :D) but they normally have a minimum loads value of about 40 watts so wouldn't work with a single mat.

To me it sounds like duff stat, dig out the box/receipt and get hold of habistat is probably gonna be your best bet.
Sta~ple Posted - 03/10/2011 : 15:14:23
I only know of one stat that flashes every second and thats the pulse stats. A normal mat stat to flash is a bit worryingspecially in this warm weather
small_soldier Posted - 03/10/2011 : 13:45:42
In answer to these questions
I'm assuming it's the green light on the right hand side?? YES
How often is it flashing? I would say every second
Have you checked the plug on the mat and the fuse on the mat? have swapped for a working mat and no change
Is the stat clicking when it flashes? no

the stat will turn on and the green light will stay constant if you turn the heat up and the light goes out when you turn it down. it flashed when the temp is about the same.

polarchick Posted - 03/10/2011 : 10:19:46
whoops sorry, cross posted - must learn to type faster!!!
polarchick Posted - 03/10/2011 : 10:19:05
Simmy - I think you have the wrong end of the stick, there's no heat lamp as far as I can see from small_soldier's posts. There are two small lights on the mat stat - a red one which just shows that the stat is plugged in and (hopefully) working, and a green one which goes on when the temp drops below the required temp which shows that the stat has turned the heat mat on, I think it is this green light which s_s is talking about.

How often is the light flashing s_s? I guess if the ambient temp is high then the stat won't be on for very long at a time so it will come on and off more often. I think it's just worth waiting until the weather cools off a bit (already happened up here in the north, raining and a bit miserable at the moment!) to see whether your stat goes back to normal. Of course, keep a close eye on your viv temps, and if in any doubt whether the stat is working properly or not the safest thing to do would be to turn it off.

Hope this is useful, although bear in mind I am still very much a novice in terms of snake keeping!

Sue
Simmy_82 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 10:17:32
Ah i see where i got confused...
Kehhlyr Posted - 03/10/2011 : 10:13:09
I'm assuming it's the green light on the right hand side??
How often is it flashing?
Have you checked the plug on the mat and the fuse on the mat?
Is the stat clicking when it flashes?

The only time I've had one flash is when the mat was faulty, so if you have a spare to test, that would be superb.

All the above is assuming it's flashing on/off every few seconds.
Simmy_82 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 09:38:37
Is this for a snake? If so why do you have both a heat mat and heat lamp? At a guess the bulb is faulty, or its affecting the Mat Stat Sensor.
small_soldier Posted - 03/10/2011 : 09:11:18
i'll try and make it clearer.
the habistat mat stat is controlling a mat, the light in question is on the thermostat on the right hand side, it let's you know if the mat is getting a supply of electicity.
and that is what is flashing.
Simmy_82 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 08:40:07
You have a Mat Stat controlling a heat lamp?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000