The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Feeding Problems

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jaffa Posted - 03/10/2011 : 07:55:06
Hi this is a bit of a story so please stick with me. I have a 6 year old male albino corn snake who recently went missing for 6 months when we moved house. Luckily he was found safe and well and returned to us. The rescue centre said he had eaten a day old chick with them and a small amount of chicken (I had always fed him on mice prior to this). Since his return 2 weeks ago he has not eaten. He did shed his skin a week ago but would normally have eaten by now. I have tried both large mice (his old diet) and day old chicks but he seems uninterested. Could this just be him adjusting to being back or should I be concerned? I'm concerned because I'm unsure when he did actually last eat as I'm not convinced the rescue centre actually fed him as they did not seem to know anything about snakes or how to handle them and have been informed of their previous errors. I would appreciate any advice you guys can offer.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kez Posted - 12/10/2011 : 20:40:45
Glad everything has settled back down for snakey, Jaffa
Jaffa Posted - 12/10/2011 : 17:04:29
Sorry I haven't replied recently had a horrible couple of weeks. Just wanted to update you all on the feeding situation. I left him for another week and tried again, he took the food without problem think he just needed a bit extra settling in time. Thank you for all the responses x
scottishbluebird Posted - 04/10/2011 : 01:54:13
quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa

He lives in a glass vivarium with aspen bedding which he enjoys burrowing in, he also have a wooden log to hide in .

Does he have a hide at warm and cool end?
sharon71 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 18:39:53
I thnk Mamma meant the temp readings in the Viv...
johno Posted - 03/10/2011 : 17:29:59
what is his warm end temperature?
Jaffa Posted - 03/10/2011 : 08:56:21
I've tried a variety of tempts from wiggling food and dragging it along to hiding it and leaving it in the open he just seems uninterested. I have left him to settle in and he seems back to his usual self. He lives in a glass vivarium with aspen bedding which he enjoys burrowing in, he also have a wooden log to hide in (Water and heat mats obviously). I wouldn't normally be so concerned it's just with him being away for so long (I appear to have turned into an anxious parent).
Mamma Posted - 03/10/2011 : 08:26:56
What are your temps like and your set up? Have you left him to settle in the 2 weeks you have had him back at? Sounds like hes still adjusting to his great escape.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000