The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 When to feed???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tk72 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 09:30:47
Hi all just some advice please. Got Paddy yesterday(1st Oct)and the guy I bought him from says he is due a feed Monday now should I leave the feed until he has settled in for a bit? Or do I go for the feed. He also says to feed every 3 days when they are this young (4 months old) He is on one pinky per feed at the moment.
Thanks Terry.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tk72 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 12:38:59
Ta for all your help.
Diesel1994 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 11:22:12
although they should be left a week, every snake is different, ive had them feed the day they came home and never miss a feed, ive had others not feed for 2-3 weeks, if you have other snakes just defrost an extra pinkie and give it a try, the worst it can do is refuse, but been a hatchie it probably wont
Okeetee Mick Posted - 02/10/2011 : 10:28:52
Agree, leave well alone for a week to settle down
chrisc Posted - 02/10/2011 : 10:11:45
yes leave him for the week to settle in wont hurt if they miss a feed, at that age you should feed every 5 days
Karakal Posted - 02/10/2011 : 09:53:09
Well done on your first snakey! Not sure this is in entirely the right section, but!
Yes, you should leave him well alone for his first seven days with you, only go in to change his water! I haven;t owned a snake quite that young yet, bu I thin k they should be fed once a week, even at that age..

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000