The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 is it just me or ..?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paulie78 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 22:26:21
As the subject says is it just me but whenever i find myself on here which is umpteen times a day looking at everyone elses snake pics makes me wanna go get all mine out and handle them and also makes me want one of whatever particular morph happened to catch my eye it drives me nuts the only way i get my head around is by telling myself that if i got one it wouldnt nessacerily look like the one in that pic anyway lol
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dancross0 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 22:36:10
quote:
Originally posted by Emmy1

Yes! I'm the same for the handling and putting to practise ideas I come across from other posters. Yet, it would be so irresponsible of me to go out on an urge for another snake, although being on here does make me want to do so very very badly! Especially for a snow/ miami corn. Maybe after Christmas when my house is hopefully straightened out and I can see foe definite what space I have. But for now, I have to be Miss Sensible.

Oh, I was after a Miami, but I changed my mind after seeing some Crimson hatchies (selectivly breed hypomelanistic Miami's) at the ERAC show.
shaunb Posted - 02/10/2011 : 18:59:24
I'm the same i open the doors in the tops ov there fauns and out they come to say hi
EmSquem Posted - 02/10/2011 : 14:06:51
Oh, I know exactly how you feel. You're not alone!
Cornsnakeluver127 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 14:02:25
yes! i get that feeling all the time every time i look at the pictures i want to go and hold my snakes i would be doing that just not but they just got fed :)
Kehhlyr Posted - 02/10/2011 : 01:53:14
To get around the swear filter, looky at this vid I made.
If you get the constant video loading then HTML isn't activated on this forum for you, so you'll have to click to watch on youtube.

That explains how to do it.
scottishbluebird Posted - 02/10/2011 : 01:26:40
If you have a ****ateil, you have to use the zero, c0ckateil!!, not sure what to change about s****horpe lol
lotabob Posted - 02/10/2011 : 01:12:53
You can't say ****, if you say **** in any form its blanked, you also cant live in S****horpe!
ga-rat Posted - 02/10/2011 : 00:59:20
Can you not say ****atiel on this forum....

Seriously though, I may start looking into what would be necessary to breed, I have a couple of years to learn. My main concern would be do I need to buy a young male now so it would be of similar age when tangee(female) is ready for a mate or would I risk waiting which would involve buying an older snake nearer the time.

I've only given Tangee her first feed, I've not seen her shed yet... So I think I'm jumping the gun a bit..

Back to the original post though, this is all the stuff I start thinking when I see a nice snake...(see any snake really)
paulie78 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 23:54:23
lol i know the feeling im in a one bedroom flat and i have 3 very big fishtanks a huge ****atiel cage 2 mahoosive chinchilla cages plus 2 vivs housing rubs plus the cats its official theres more space dedicated to animal living qaurters in my flat than there is for me
scottishbluebird Posted - 01/10/2011 : 23:42:24
because of here i am getting a crestie end of the month, and i now want a pewter and a hoggie!! but really cant, in such a small space iv got 2 dogs, cat, ferret, corn, soon the crestie
paulie78 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 23:32:07
quote:
Originally posted by Emmy1

quote:
Originally posted by ga-rat

In the back of my mind I would really like to have a go at breeding when my female Tangee is 3 years-ish old. So I always think that would be a good mate for tangee.

This thought has also floated into my mind a couple times. I have never been comfortable with the thought of breeding my girl simply because I don't have any experience at all in breeding, nor do I know her background/ parentage.

But having an insight into how other people have handled breeding has opened doors for me. I realise that if I took the time to prepare, choose carefully a suitable male, ensure her health and sort out the right equipment in advance etc, that it may not be the catastrophe I see in my head.

I know I'll always have someone, or many on here that has the right advise to support any snakey situation I come across, and thats really cool to have.

Completely agree originally i just wanted a pet but now id really love to have a go at breeding one day id love to keep a few of any succesfully raised hatchies for myself above all else though much as i know i have a fantastic resource here i would obviously be making a few calls to ensure i can sell some surplus hatchies to local reputable outlets
Emmy1 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 23:19:57
quote:
Originally posted by ga-rat

In the back of my mind I would really like to have a go at breeding when my female Tangee is 3 years-ish old. So I always think that would be a good mate for tangee.

This thought has also floated into my mind a couple times. I have never been comfortable with the thought of breeding my girl simply because I don't have any experience at all in breeding, nor do I know her background/ parentage.

But having an insight into how other people have handled breeding has opened doors for me. I realise that if I took the time to prepare, choose carefully a suitable male, ensure her health and sort out the right equipment in advance etc, that it may not be the catastrophe I see in my head.

I know I'll always have someone, or many on here that has the right advise to support any snakey situation I come across, and thats really cool to have.
chrisc Posted - 01/10/2011 : 23:15:39
me too the more a look at these forums the bigger my wish list gets. must admit all 3 of my snakes were impulse buys but have kept reptiles before i got into snakes an knew what i was getting into. if only i had more space/money
ga-rat Posted - 01/10/2011 : 23:03:17
Although I've not been a snake owner for long, I do look at other peoples pic's and think hmmm I would like one of those.

paulie78 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 22:58:11
lol glad its not just me then i never impulse buy any pet ugh i always make sure i know what im letting myself in for and that i can give the animal a happy healthy enriched life if i dont feel i can i wont get it my philsophy is that my pets cannot ask me for anything so i have a duty to give them the very best care and attention that i can
This forum is just so awesome not only has it helped me immensely with my corns setups its also opened up a whole other can of worms that i want to explore someday down the line lol
kdlang Posted - 01/10/2011 : 22:54:38
Nope not just you. All the great pics make me wish mine came out as well tho. I always feel like my pics never show my babies off well enough
Emmy1 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 22:53:35
Yes! I'm the same for the handling and putting to practise ideas I come across from other posters. Yet, it would be so irresponsible of me to go out on an urge for another snake, although being on here does make me want to do so very very badly! Especially for a snow/ miami corn. Maybe after Christmas when my house is hopefully straightened out and I can see foe definite what space I have. But for now, I have to be Miss Sensible.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000