The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 wooden hides

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 18/09/2011 : 13:22:51
i have one of these wood hides in phoenix's viv was in there when i got her anyway it got a little mouldy where i had a damp cloth over it so took it out scrubbed it and put it in the oven for an hour to dry out. it now stinks of pine and in a few places you can see where the sap has come out! safe to say it is not going back in her viv.

has/does anyone else use this type of hide?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fluffycorn Posted - 18/09/2011 : 16:40:56
I like those, much easier to clean ... will have to get the bigger ones though ... fluffy is going through a growth spurt lol
chrisc Posted - 18/09/2011 : 16:25:33
i have exo terra hides in my other vivs, will buy a couple more next week.
fluffycorn Posted - 18/09/2011 : 15:44:45
I used to have 1 like that, unsure of make ... had to throw it out a while back because it got pooped on and was too difficult to clean, I am planning on getting some nice snake caves for fluffy
johno Posted - 18/09/2011 : 15:24:54
i guess it would be better to not use it as the sap would be sticky and probably wouldnt be good for the snake to be touching it, for the sake of a few quid id just get a new one but being a rookie i like to play things safe :)
chrisc Posted - 18/09/2011 : 15:07:07
not sure of the make was in her viv when i got the whole setup.
smells really strongly of pine an the sap has come out as you can see from the pic an theres quite a lot more come out on the inside
lotabob Posted - 18/09/2011 : 14:51:38
What make of hide is it. It looks a bit like the habba huts but they should be totally dried out and aren't pine. Where did you get it?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000