The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Unexpected new addition.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 13/09/2011 : 12:36:29
Hi all,

On Sunday I popped down to Dave's to pick up some more mice for R & C and while I was there we got talking about a baby Leopard gecko that had been brought into him as an emergency a couple of weeks ago, the guy that brought him in had either bred him/her or had bought a youngster to go with his others needless to say it do not work out as planned and the little one ended up being attacked and the result was his rear left foot had been severed at the ankle and was only attached by the little tendons. Dave took it as an emergency to his vets who was prepared to operate but did point out that the odds were very much against the baby surviving.

2 weeks later and s/he is fully healed and leaping about all over the place and unless you actually took him/her out of the rub you wouldn't know s/he only has 3 feet.

Now called Tripody, Pody for short s/he will be joining the Burgess clan as a much loved member of the family, hopefully towards the end of the week once I've built the viv (tonight) and everything is set up and temps stabilised, and I can't wait for him/her to arrive.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 13/09/2011 : 17:57:55
That is fantastic the poor little guy survived, and now has a fantastic home, look forward to pics
Mamma Posted - 13/09/2011 : 13:18:59
aww bless. We have a 3 legged fire belly newt that my eldest daughter rescued from a not so good aquatic shop here (his leg never regenerated ). His name is stumpy. lol xx
garrie Posted - 13/09/2011 : 12:43:44
Aww, sounds like he/she is going to be very happy in the newly built home you are putting together - great story
Simmy_82 Posted - 13/09/2011 : 12:39:33
Great story. Nice to know there are people out there willing to take in these animals! I always wanted a leopard gecko when younger.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000