The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 New family members on the way :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ptmbradley Posted - 05/09/2011 : 18:58:08
Hey.

Next Monday I'll be collecting several corn hatchlings from a breeder not too far from me, so I'm looking forward to that. A butter, an anery and a normal with some nice hets. Hopefully I won't be tempted by anything else she has...

But looking forward even more to the latter part of next week, when Tarantula Barn should be delivering my gorgeous new Arabesque Boa all the way from up north. REALLY can't wait for that! Even 6 months ago I never dreamed I'd own a real, proper, full sized lady boa. Excited!

Collecting so many snakes now that I had to build myself a cheap (and rubbish-looking-but-functional) snake rack. Next step is to get them off aspen and onto newspaper so it makes my life easier!

Best go frozen food shopping soon then...
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ptmbradley Posted - 13/09/2011 : 01:03:17
A couple of pics here...

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19391
ptmbradley Posted - 12/09/2011 : 18:55:23
...Oh, and I had my other corns sexed. Pandora has now had a name change. lol

The snake formerly known as Pandora is now called Elvis. Just coz I was listening to him on my ipod on the way home.
ptmbradley Posted - 12/09/2011 : 18:53:28
like it Dancross0.

Picked up my 3 babies earlier, but no time right now for pics. I took a couple, but I'm pressed for time now so will put them up later tonight or tomorrow.
Dancross0 Posted - 12/09/2011 : 11:23:29
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

At least when you're living on your own theres only yourself you could end up feeding RATatouille or egg fried mice!

That made me chuckle. I keep my frozen food in an icecream tub, but put a 'M' in front of the 'icecream'.
Mamma Posted - 12/09/2011 : 08:17:38
Today is the day!!
shaunb Posted - 11/09/2011 : 23:37:37
nice one, i'd be well exited too can't wait to see some pics
ptmbradley Posted - 11/09/2011 : 23:15:30
Collect my new babies tomorrow. Excited!

Snakes tomorrow, another at the end of the week and I got my car a couple of days ago. Feels like Christmas!! ... Except I bought all my own presents! lol
thistle Posted - 07/09/2011 : 23:55:07
Sounds like you have well and truly caught the bug. Congratulations!

Bet you can't wait for them to arrive.
ptmbradley Posted - 07/09/2011 : 15:15:35
Cheers for all the comments guys. 3 corn homes are set up ready. Not that there's much to them! Kitchen roll substrate and a section of kitchen roll acting as both warm and cool hide, plus a jar lid for water! All in a small rub. Probably won't be too long before my new babies outgrow their new homes though and I'll be setting up more! lol

Next thing is to build the LX36 and kit it out for the boa. That should last awhile and hopefully by the time she outgrows it I'll be able to reuse it for another one of the kids.
scottishbluebird Posted - 06/09/2011 : 21:47:04
The boa is gorgeous, look forward to the other pics!!
fluffycorn Posted - 06/09/2011 : 20:58:36
lol flora is a great name :)

your new boa is beautiful
ptmbradley Posted - 06/09/2011 : 20:34:06
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

shes a beaut pete! gorgeous glad! the naming is the most fun part! however my and the missus have a vito list , for sum reason she always wants to call a new addition bilbo . its not happening! i kno one of the new cresties is gona be Tj .

goodluck name picking :)

Kinda settling on Elvira for the boa. And Flora for the Butter corn. Butter, Flora, geddit? No names for the others yet, but I kinda like Vegas. But you associate that with bright neon lights, so maybe not for an anery! lol
Laws Posted - 06/09/2011 : 11:46:07
shes a beaut pete! gorgeous glad! the naming is the most fun part! however my and the missus have a vito list , for sum reason she always wants to call a new addition bilbo . its not happening! i kno one of the new cresties is gona be Tj .

goodluck name picking :)
Mort13 Posted - 06/09/2011 : 09:53:00
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

quote:

At least when you're living on your own theres only yourself you could end up feeding RATatouille or egg fried mice!

groan... With gags like that you should be on the stage. Sweeping it up! lol

But I'll give you a facebook style 'like' too m'dear.

Hee,hee I know,it was bad. I totally blame my dad after listening to his cringe worthy gags all my life!
ptmbradley Posted - 06/09/2011 : 02:23:58
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

congrats mate! pics please! i have a widh list that seems ever growing . the missus is not happy about this . i want a full sized lady boa too , but im banned . have a couple more cresties on the way after our hols and have been promised a hypo jungle boa....but when we have a house!
congRATS again and dont forget the pics ;)

Cheers m'dears.

Corn pics will come on Monday when I get them home. Better start coming up with names I guess!

The boa I got coming is an arabesque so I'm told, so naming-wise I was going down the Arabian nights road. I thought maybe Princess Jasmine or Genie, both from Aladdin of course. But they're not particularly 'punchy' for such a lush snake, plus I planned to call any 'trophy' girl Elvira, after the mistress of the dark. Got a week or so to decide anyway.

Anyway, here's a little pic of her, and obviously there will be plenty of pics of all my newcomers once they've moved in...

Laws Posted - 06/09/2011 : 01:14:28
congrats mate! pics please! i have a widh list that seems ever growing . the missus is not happy about this . i want a full sized lady boa too , but im banned . have a couple more cresties on the way after our hols and have been promised a hypo jungle boa....but when we have a house!
congRATS again and dont forget the pics ;)
Karakal Posted - 05/09/2011 : 22:57:27
Ooouuu! So many snakies! Sounds terribly good though!
MiffyKnits Posted - 05/09/2011 : 22:40:19
How exciting. I shall look forward to your pics.
ptmbradley Posted - 05/09/2011 : 22:10:19
quote:

groan... With gags like that you should be on the stage. Sweeping it up! lol

But I'll give you a facebook style 'like' too m'dear.
Mort13 Posted - 05/09/2011 : 21:55:17

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000