The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 habistat mat stats

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 05/09/2011 : 16:58:18
just a quick question what is the temp difference between on and off with the habistat mat stat? im currently using 2 microclimate ministat 100's and after getting the temp and stat probes in the right place there seems to be a big difference in the hot an cold temps. cut off is at around 29c but does not seem to come back on untill its down to about 23-24c. both probes are next to eachother and sat on the substrate above the mat
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ptmbradley Posted - 05/09/2011 : 19:57:29
quote:
Originally posted by shaunb

great i have just ordered a microclimate ministat as well new i should have paid the couple ov £s extra for the habistat

There isn't anything wrong with them and plenty of people on here have used them happily for years, so don't worry. Just personally I don't like seeing such wild fluctuations in mine so I'm sticking with habistats now.
chrisc Posted - 05/09/2011 : 18:54:33
i got the microclimates cos they were only £20 and have a habistat dimming stat for my royal and cant fault it will definatly go for habistats in the future
shaunb Posted - 05/09/2011 : 18:54:04
great i have just ordered a microclimate ministat as well new i should have paid the couple ov £s extra for the habistat
ptmbradley Posted - 05/09/2011 : 18:48:29
my microclimate ministat has always had wild swings. It cuts in about 26 and off about 32. It used to bother me but the snakes don't seem concerned. It averages out at 29 so I guess it's ok. Will never use another ministat though. Habistats all the way.
Mort13 Posted - 05/09/2011 : 18:37:25
Heh,heh little tinkers!
chrisc Posted - 05/09/2011 : 18:28:11
on closer inspection the snakes had knocked the stat probes out of place, they are now tied together and pinned under the hide
Mort13 Posted - 05/09/2011 : 17:49:23
My God,thats a big difference! I use habistat Mat Stats with all my snakes and once stabilised theres about 2 degrees difference.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000