The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Vivs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dtookey90 Posted - 03/09/2011 : 14:36:52
Hi all does anyone on here have viv stacks or tier vivs?
I'm looking into getting one but was wondering if anybody could post some pics up of what theirs looks like,
and also how do you have your heat mats?
Thanks guys look forward to seeing your pics :-)
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dtookey90 Posted - 04/09/2011 : 20:24:51
Thanks guys for the advice and still not sure about wall mounting and how it works lol
gmac Posted - 03/09/2011 : 23:33:08
@ Dtookey90: each one is just under 3ft

@ Chrisc: I have a extension plug with 4 sockets and plug each mat into the extension and the extension into the stat socket.

chrisc Posted - 03/09/2011 : 23:21:57
gmac. without sounding daft how does it work to run 4 mats off of one stat?
Sta~ple Posted - 03/09/2011 : 18:37:39
I don't know anything about wall mouting, withought getting into the argument of "snakes get heat from their bellies" I'd still put it on the floor as it is just easier that way for me. I would be instested to know myself though if people have side mounted their heat mats as I no of no-one who does it, apart from the dodgey ads on preloved/gumtree.
dtookey90 Posted - 03/09/2011 : 18:16:49
Thanks sta~ple nice setup would you suggest me having my heatmats on the side and not on the floor?
Would they be comfortable with the mats on the side does it still warm up one side of the viv?
Sta~ple Posted - 03/09/2011 : 17:58:28
4ft viv stack,

My heatmats are on the right, all cables fed through the cables holes at the top, normally covered by plants, but get uncovered by silly snakies.

Need to update since all the vivs are now decorated and filled :P
dtookey90 Posted - 03/09/2011 : 15:41:30
Thanks gmac wicked setup what size is your stack and size of your snakes? My OH doesn't want me to have a 3ft stack and fully grown adults in it!!? Lol
Auld Baldy Posted - 03/09/2011 : 15:34:23
Thanks for the clarification Graeme. I read your post as the mats being on the side panels. Don't you just love the English language.

Now I'm eyeing up the kitchen for a section of lino that won't be missed.
Mamma Posted - 03/09/2011 : 15:21:00
hmmmm thank you! Whats your delivery rates like?
gmac Posted - 03/09/2011 : 15:15:42
an equine shop in Kirkintilloch order it for me, about £12 for6 months supply.

http://www.aubiose.co.uk/ there is a number to call to find your nearest stockist.

Mamma Posted - 03/09/2011 : 15:12:35
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

sorry, Aubiose is a horse bedding that comes in very large bales is cheaper than Aspen and perfect for reptles.

Edit: should explain the mats being on the side is just on the left hand side of the base of the vivs. so are on the floor.

where do you get your aubiose?
gmac Posted - 03/09/2011 : 15:08:58
sorry, Aubiose is a horse bedding that comes in very large bales is cheaper than Aspen and perfect for reptles.

Edit: should explain the mats being on the side is just on the left hand side of the base of the vivs. so are on the floor.
Auld Baldy Posted - 03/09/2011 : 15:06:01
Nice set up Graeme. I like the idea of the side heat-mats. Pardon the higorance, is 'auboise' a trade name, laminate panel or what?
gmac Posted - 03/09/2011 : 14:46:58

Our mats are all on the left hand side of the viv covered with a section of lino with aubiose over that. We use a single stat to regulate the mats and have no issues in any of the vivs by doing this. All the mats are the same size and brand.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000