The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 python sizeing up owner

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 02/09/2011 : 13:45:19
nearly every time i mention that ive got pet snakes to somebody they all seem to have a friend of a friend that had a pyhton which escaped and they woke up with the snake next to them sizeing it up.
is it just me or do any of you hear this story a lot?
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Auld Baldy Posted - 03/09/2011 : 14:55:57
I can vouch for the different snake man-eater stories being absolutely 100% true as I was the person that got swallowed. It started off as a dare but turned into a popular party trick.

But as you can see, it didn't put me off keeping snakes.
fluffycorn Posted - 03/09/2011 : 11:38:28
quote:
Originally posted by paulie78

Yup ive heard that a lot also i get the omg snakes ..theyll escape and eat all your other pets ..erm not quite! im 6ft 6 and 21 stone think even a fully grown burmese might struggle to consume me in a single sitting lol

lol
paulie78 Posted - 03/09/2011 : 09:44:25
oh i knew what u meant lol no offence meant i just meant some ppl are daft enough to believe such storys and take em literally
scottishbluebird Posted - 03/09/2011 : 00:11:46
When i said it was funny that people believe that story i meant funny/ridiculous, i have never had a python but when i heard about it i knew it was a load of rubbish, some urban myths can make you wonder, but not that one
No offence was taken
paulie78 Posted - 02/09/2011 : 23:43:07
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

^ ^ that would been funny! My sons friend tried to tell me the python story looked at me like i was stupid when itold her it was a load of rubbish, her friend has a fair few pythons and looked at her like she was demented for believing it, but diddnt waste her breath saying, it is kinda funny that people believe that one.

Its funny but its also kinda sad theese silly urban myths are probably what puts off so many people getting snakes or allowing theyre kids to have them as pets
scottishbluebird Posted - 02/09/2011 : 19:39:34
^ ^ that would been funny! My sons friend tried to tell me the python story looked at me like i was stupid when itold her it was a load of rubbish, her friend has a fair few pythons and looked at her like she was demented for believing it, but diddnt waste her breath saying, it is kinda funny that people believe that one.
angriesthedgehog Posted - 02/09/2011 : 17:31:14
I have a baby corn who once tried to eat a rabbit :)
gmac Posted - 02/09/2011 : 17:20:19
I wouldnt worry about pythons sizing you up, its the kingsnake that you need to worry about they will try and eat you without sizing you up
Dancross0 Posted - 02/09/2011 : 17:16:05
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Best story I ever heard.
"I knew this guy who had a Komodo Dragon, and one day it bit him and he died, but he was a nasty person so it didn't matter."

Me and my mate were like, 'Err, no.'

Lol. I've also heard the escaped python sizing up food one. It was quoted to me by a bloke who thought all snakes were evil. Idiot.
chrisc Posted - 02/09/2011 : 17:07:56
Best story I ever heard.
"I knew this guy who had a Komodo Dragon, and one day it bit him and he died, but he was a nasty person so it didn't matter."

brilliant, these stories crack me up
Spreebok Posted - 02/09/2011 : 17:03:38
Best story I ever heard.

Me and my mate were like, 'Err, no.'
garrie Posted - 02/09/2011 : 16:18:01
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I have to confess, I may have once told my niece that a corn snake was sizing her up when it had escaped and was found in her bed.

I saw it as my duty to tell her that. To have told her the truth and that it was only looking for somewhere dark and warm would've been wrong. :D

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Legend lol
Kehhlyr Posted - 02/09/2011 : 15:10:38
quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

nearly every time i mention that ive got pet snakes to somebody they all seem to have a friend of a friend that had a pyhton which escaped and they woke up with the snake next to them sizeing it up.
is it just me or do any of you hear this story a lot?

I used to hear this on average about once a week.
I have to confess, I may have once told my niece that a corn snake was sizing her up when it had escaped and was found in her bed.

I saw it as my duty to tell her that. To have told her the truth and that it was only looking for somewhere dark and warm would've been wrong. :D
Mamma Posted - 02/09/2011 : 15:06:18
there are loads of rubbish stories going round.
shaunb Posted - 02/09/2011 : 14:51:49
i would never have anything that big that i couldn't handle on my own either.
paulie78 Posted - 02/09/2011 : 14:35:35
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

quote:

Yup ive heard that a lot also i get the omg snakes ..theyll escape and eat all your other pets ..erm not quite! im 6ft 6 and 21 stone think even a fully grown burmese might struggle to consume me in a single sitting lol

It'll still kill ya though! doesnt matter what it does after that!

Good point mike ..never planning on keeping anything that big meself but each to theyre own
Simmy_82 Posted - 02/09/2011 : 14:31:34
I think its one of those Urban Legends to be honest...
mikerichards Posted - 02/09/2011 : 14:17:44
quote:

It'll still kill ya though! doesnt matter what it does after that!
paulie78 Posted - 02/09/2011 : 14:11:52

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000