The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 just curious

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
grudie Posted - 30/08/2011 : 19:55:55
just curious about what ages everyone is??

you can tell me to stop being nosey everyone as i know a lady never reveals her age.....and since im no lady,which im sure plenty of my friends will vouch for il start,im 28
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
awlred Posted - 05/09/2011 : 08:31:21
I'm 24, got my first corn a month ago, but wanted a pet snake since I was about 8. My dad doesn't like them so it had to wait till I moved out.
bbjay Posted - 04/09/2011 : 22:41:12
Im 21 first time snake owner since yesterday.but i have a beardie that ive had for 3month
Sta~ple Posted - 03/09/2011 : 18:09:04
:o I thought you were older than that Mamma! I just thought you were like a really good looking 30-mid 30ish mom! Your def what guys would call a milf!

I'm 22 :/ I look younger and younger every year it seems :/
manda88 Posted - 02/09/2011 : 12:53:56
I'm 22 (will be 23 next month!), live down south in Surrey, and I've been keeping reptiles since 2009, and corns since July 2010
nusnakemum Posted - 01/09/2011 : 17:55:41
Happy birthday Scaly and started with the snake because of my lad but wished i,d known how great they are as pets before !
Mort13 Posted - 01/09/2011 : 17:19:34
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

quote:
i'm only 12

Mental age eeji?

Lots of us seemed to start keeping snakes in our 30s. Do you think it's a bit of a part-way-through (as opposed to 'mid') life crisis? A kind of 'I may be old but I'm still cool and can be slightly rebellious by doing something a tiny bit unusual' type thing? Nah, didn't think so. I just didn't know people kept snakes as pets and once I'd been exposed to them I was quickly hooked. I want to get a big bodied snake one day. Husband now says no and claims he never said I could but I distinctly remember posting on here some time back that he said I could make my daughter's room into a reptile room when she's moved out. (Wanders off to check the archives...)

I distinctly remember said post too!
For me it was a case that I've always been interested in exotics and had lizards,although I'd never had a snake of my own (the ex had a Burmese python). Last year after seeing a friends corn and my kids being interested and not freaked out by it feeding,they asked asked for one. I gave them permission for Loki and then....WHOOPS!
ScalySituation Posted - 01/09/2011 : 13:44:40
i'm 14 and a half, it's my half birthday today lol
Sammysnake Posted - 01/09/2011 : 11:30:55
quote:
i'm only 12

Mental age eeji?

Lots of us seemed to start keeping snakes in our 30s. Do you think it's a bit of a part-way-through (as opposed to 'mid') life crisis? A kind of 'I may be old but I'm still cool and can be slightly rebellious by doing something a tiny bit unusual' type thing? Nah, didn't think so. I just didn't know people kept snakes as pets and once I'd been exposed to them I was quickly hooked. I want to get a big bodied snake one day. Husband now says no and claims he never said I could but I distinctly remember posting on here some time back that he said I could make my daughter's room into a reptile room when she's moved out. (Wanders off to check the archives...)
Auld Baldy Posted - 01/09/2011 : 11:21:51
Looks like I'm in line for the title of "Official CSF Geriatric".

I've always been keen on animals and was raised on a diet of Attenborough. I've had the usual run of stickle-backs, goldfish, cat, budgies, tropical fish, Collie (17 years) and German Shepherd (12 years). Reptiles and snakes were an exotic favourite but never thought that I'd ever have one as a pet. The initial costs back in the dim and distant past was too expensive for the initial outlay. A couple of years ago I was offered one from a neighbour whose kids had grown bored with the novelty and it was being neglected. So Taggart started me off and now there are three with probably more to come. First I need to get rid of some furniture to make space for more vivs.
Dancross0 Posted - 01/09/2011 : 11:00:09
I'm 32. I've had my snake for 9 months now, but I've kept Leopard Geckos, spiders and scorpions for over 14 years now. And I also had a Tokay gecko for a while. Evil git that was.
Simmy_82 Posted - 01/09/2011 : 10:42:24
I've wanted a snake since i was in my early teens. But having moved around a lot it just wasnt feasible at the time (dad was in the army). I dont have kids, i already have a cat. I got one once i found out that they are relatively easy to keep (brother inlaw has 3), that peaked my interest and the wife and i were after another pet (nearly opted for a chameleon). But here we are, on month later with a 3/4 month old Carolina
garrie Posted - 01/09/2011 : 10:28:45
I'm loving the fact that there are a number of...erm...(be careful with your words Garrie)..."wiser generation" snake owners on here - and the fact that many are newbies to owning snakes. I'm curious, did you always want a snake and just felt that (for example) your kids had grown up enough now or just that more standard pets (cats/dogs etc) were a bit too much effort?
tahleeuk Posted - 01/09/2011 : 10:12:12
im 37 and got to the stage in mylife where im going tosurround myself with animals cut myself off from the world wear purple and be known as the mad dog lady lol
nusnakemum Posted - 01/09/2011 : 07:44:36
........still i reckon 50 is the new 30 !!!!!.........
nusnakemum Posted - 01/09/2011 : 07:43:42
.....and there are even a few of us tipping towards 50 - eeekk aaarrrgh where do the years go............
tordyjo Posted - 31/08/2011 : 23:27:39
quote:

...a few of us on the slippery slope to 30

and a few falling down the slope after 30 and rolling towards 40
tordyjo Posted - 31/08/2011 : 23:25:03
quote:
Originally posted by LarkaDawg

lol at eeji!

I'm 14 and got my first corn at 12.
Anyone younger on here? You guys make me feel like a kid... o_O

my daughters a memeber and she's only 11, although she hasn't been on for a few days
scottishbluebird Posted - 31/08/2011 : 20:37:16
I'm also 35, till October, new to snakes
Aegis Posted - 31/08/2011 : 20:08:49
Turned 23 in July, feel 105 though *sigh* Got first rep when i was.......23 :D
shaunb Posted - 31/08/2011 : 18:35:36
I'm 40 and been keeping snakes for 3 years have 4 corns and a royal

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000