The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 nearly jumped oot me skin!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MsThomson Posted - 28/08/2011 : 17:46:21
Hi folks

My wee lass is up in Scotland so im under strict instruction to keep handling her nevada daily.

I noticed she was in blue a couple of days ago but tbh never really thought much of it coz my mrs west is handleable whether blue or not so when i went in today and got her out the viv (should have known something was up at this point when she did a speedy gonzales round the viv!) she did what i thought was quite a comical s shape at me then struck at me!! Well.. i didnt swear but i think i may have pee'd a little.

so obv i decided to not let her get away with it and kept ahold till she calmed down a bit.

she didnt.

When i very carefully put her back in she went bananas and struck the glass about 5 times whilst doing a proper snakey dance on front of it!!

needless to say nevada wont be getting handled while shes preparing to shed!

Was lovely after tho gettin my westy out and her being all placid.. must be the ginger gene in nevada getting her all narky (joke before any ginger folk get the nark with me)

xxx
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sharon71 Posted - 29/08/2011 : 16:25:12
*reads thread and walks out shaking her ginger head in disgust* LOL
Mort13 Posted - 29/08/2011 : 16:23:22
Oh dear,sounds like she had a right hissy fit!
Maybe she's not happy about being left behind when her owners on holiday. My hoggy had a little do last night when I get back from my hols. Cracked me up bless her!
grudie Posted - 29/08/2011 : 15:54:10
i think i would have pee'd a little too lol :)

your prob right about the ginger i use it as an excuse ;)

hope your daughter gets some good weathers,its been 4 seasons in 1 day here for about 3 months!!
Auld Baldy Posted - 28/08/2011 : 18:13:48
From your topic title I thought it was YOU who was about to shed. Now that would have been something to see.

Some will take to handling some won't. Add to the fact that you might have appear to have an unfamiliar scent, it could account for the lap of honour around the viv. (That's as delicately as I can put it. )

Hope your wee lass is enjoying our Scottish weather, we have plenty of variety on a daily basis.
lotabob Posted - 28/08/2011 : 18:04:57
Some are just cranky during a shed. All my lot are placid during but I leave them alone anyway. At least you know for next time.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000