The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 My snake won't eat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
musical2one Posted - 23/08/2011 : 19:51:17
I recently bought a new baby. I got the sheets with all the dates that shown when he ate and when he shed. He recently shed so that can't be why he isn't eating, but he isn't eating. Should I be worried? He is very active, more active than my older snake that does eat. They are living separately.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mamma Posted - 24/08/2011 : 17:52:16
do you have a thermostat attatched to the heatmat?
musical2one Posted - 24/08/2011 : 17:44:16
well, he is very young; last time he ate was before he Shed, and he shed like a week before I bought him. I did leave him a week to settle in. He is in a small tank right now. I did have him in another (that locked on all sides) and somehow he got out, but we found him pretty quickly. There is a heating mate below the tank. a water bowl etc. My room is kind of warm anyway so the tank temperatures stays at about 80 +/- because sometimes my house thermostat will set to 85, I have no idea why.
kdlang Posted - 23/08/2011 : 21:19:34
If you have only had him a week and a half I wouldn't worry too much just yet. Did you leave him a week to settle in? When is the last time he actually ate? How many times have you tried feeding him? What set-up is he in? How are you heating and regulating the heat?
mkmattyk Posted - 23/08/2011 : 21:09:12
if that fails try marmite out, put the tiniest bit on the pinkies nose and try that strange i know but it works
chrisc Posted - 23/08/2011 : 20:51:04
try sliceing the head as they are attracted to brain matter.
how old is he? is he in a viv or faun?
musical2one Posted - 23/08/2011 : 20:43:03
Well I didn't brain the mouse. I did did slit the stomach a bit to let blood out. I have left a mouse in the cage over night. I got him a week and a half ago. But I figured he was already settled in, he is moving around, actually got out somehow (i don't know how the cage is locked on all sides) but we found him pretty quickly.
chrisc Posted - 23/08/2011 : 20:26:46
how long have you had him? could just be setttleing in.
have you tried braining the mouse or just leave it for a few hours on a bit of tissue

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000