The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Opinions on these items please.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 17/08/2011 : 19:08:29
Thinking of adding a few bits and bobs to the vivs and came across these

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/trixie-shelter.html

Have anyone used these for their snakes?

And while i'm on here have any of you used these guards? I'm wondering whether they get hot themselves.

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/repstyle-vivarium-heat-guard-long.html

Oh, and have any of you purchased from this website before?
http://www.hellsnakes-pets-aquatics.co.uk/index.asp

Thank you x.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 18/08/2011 : 18:52:18
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

I just saved the last link in my favs!, the first shelter i like, but saw one somewhere with two sections, think it was maybe posted by someone on here?

Yes it is on here somewhere :P Not sure how they would fare with adults though, I imagine them to be less stable for some reason.
Red123 Posted - 18/08/2011 : 17:54:48
Have now ordered 3 as well as some plants, hides etc. Will have to get some more when the 2 little ones move into vivs.
animalcrazy Posted - 18/08/2011 : 17:03:32
They are very stable, sturdy and all 3 of my adult corn love them, my biggest corn is 750g and he's fine on it. I also paid £6 for mine, so quite a bargain on there.
Mort13 Posted - 18/08/2011 : 17:00:48
Think I may have to order one of these for the new addition now I know they are alright.
scottishbluebird Posted - 18/08/2011 : 15:11:17
I just saved the last link in my favs!, the first shelter i like, but saw one somewhere with two sections, think it was maybe posted by someone on here?
Red123 Posted - 18/08/2011 : 14:32:09
Thanks Sta~ple :)
Sta~ple Posted - 18/08/2011 : 11:30:30
I have the trixy shelter, snakes love it :p Infact, they use that more than any branches or other climby stuff! My 5ft+ corn who is overweight gets all on there fine and is study, not sure about the steppy ones you can get though, but the single table is great! Even stands up to mr.overactive kingy. There dead cheap on that site too :o think I paid like £6 for mine!

As for guards, I don't know but I have heard if the bulb IS touching the wire guard it can get hot enough to burn, if there's good room it will probably get warm but that's it.

And no I haven't ordered from hells snakes but it looks very much like aquarium stuff listed in the reptile section, which may not be big enough for adults like most aquarium stuff.

Red123 Posted - 18/08/2011 : 08:46:25
Thanks animalcrazy, its nice to hear that someone else uses them and gets on ok with them. I was thinking of trying one in with my adult corn. Are they very sturdy or could they easily tip?
animalcrazy Posted - 17/08/2011 : 22:49:28
I have 3 of the shelters, one in each of my vivs, and they all love them. I have plants or a hide on top and they use it much of the day. I got mine in the rabbit section of the pet shop :)
Red123 Posted - 17/08/2011 : 19:23:39
I like the look of them, gives some extra room up high without comprimising on floor area.
Mort13 Posted - 17/08/2011 : 19:18:23
I'm afraid I can't be any help as I don't have any of those items and have never heard of the website.
If you do order that shelter though,I'll be interested to se what you think of it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000