The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 New member of the family

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dr Lupus Posted - 14/08/2011 : 18:04:47
Well, after my partner (Ferguson) got a new snake on Wednesday I decided to push for a new one with my landlord (mum and dad lol), so yesterday I found a sweet little Califonia King baby with a setup on PreLoved all for £40. So, called them up and went to look at him and found out the family we bought him from we not treating him right at all.

First of all they wanted me to get him out of the viv because they didn't want to touch him, they said he hadn't been handled for ages either. They're selling him because they have a new born baby and dont want the snake to damage the baby. Their exact words were 'What's going to do more damage to a baby a dog or a snake?' They also told me he'd been striking the glass and them, but when he sat with me and my partner he was perfectly calm, no probs at all.

So when we got him home we went to clean the viv which clearly hadn't been done in months as mould was growing inside it. Seriously, it makes me so mad. I would have actually paid them double just to him out of there. On the positive side though, he has a beautiful home now where he's going to be loved and handled regularly. I'm gonna be putting so pics up in a diff thread in a min which I'll link here when I'm done so you can all see him :)
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 15/08/2011 : 17:43:25
Congrats. He's a lovely looking snake and is obviously going to be a lot better off with you.
thistle Posted - 15/08/2011 : 16:33:32
Congratulations!

Sounds like he is going to be a lot better off with you.
miss_mystra Posted - 15/08/2011 : 14:12:59
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Lupus

Well, after my partner (Ferguson) got a new snake on Wednesday I decided to push for a new one with my landlord (mum and dad lol), so yesterday I found a sweet little Califonia King baby with a setup on PreLoved all for �40. So, called them up and went to look at him and found out the family we bought him from we not treating him right at all.

First of all they wanted me to get him out of the viv because they didn't want to touch him, they said he hadn't been handled for ages either. They're selling him because they have a new born baby and dont want the snake to damage the baby. Their exact words were 'What's going to do more damage to a baby a dog or a snake?' They also told me he'd been striking the glass and them, but when he sat with me and my partner he was perfectly calm, no probs at all.

So when we got him home we went to clean the viv which clearly hadn't been done in months as mould was growing inside it. Seriously, it makes me so mad. I would have actually paid them double just to him out of there. On the positive side though, he has a beautiful home now where he's going to be loved and handled regularly. I'm gonna be putting so pics up in a diff thread in a min which I'll link here when I'm done so you can all see him :)

lol i'd better tell my mates to keep their corns away from their 3 small children and a baby LOL imagine the carnage just waiting to happen there!

Glad you've rescued him...seriously what an odd thing for them to say! and they must have lost interest in him pretty quickly, as he is so young they can't have had him very long, poor lil bugger in that dirty house! oh well, at least his path led to you in the end!!!

hooray for new snakes! :D
Dr Lupus Posted - 15/08/2011 : 13:35:35
He's already ten times more happier. No more tail rattles and he's never struck at me once. And when I get him out for cuddles he's as placid as Lucius. :)
kdlang Posted - 14/08/2011 : 23:04:38
Congratulations. I'm glad your parents let you get one. It certainly sounds like he is much better off out of there. At least now he is with someone who will treat him right.
scottishbluebird Posted - 14/08/2011 : 22:45:12
You have a stunning new addition! Glad he now has a proper home
Dr Lupus Posted - 14/08/2011 : 19:07:33
Pics are up here :)

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18667
Newbie Posted - 14/08/2011 : 19:00:24
He's lucky you came to rescue him, poor little man! At least he's with you now :-)
tordyjo Posted - 14/08/2011 : 18:44:01
thats fab you've given him a nice new loving home can't wait for the pics
Dr Lupus Posted - 14/08/2011 : 18:36:56
Yep I'm all signed up and posted a short high - just in the process of getting all the pics off my phone now and placing them on Photobucket - Gmac - I'll make sure they're on TKS first ;)
gmac Posted - 14/08/2011 : 18:33:13
very nice, looking forward to seeing photos, on TKS first i hope
Sta~ple Posted - 14/08/2011 : 18:29:46
Woaaah you better sign up on thekingsnake.co.uk :p how old is he? I expect to see pictures!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000