The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 been busy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 13/08/2011 : 16:58:01
i found a load of usefull wood in my attic so have been in the garage building a viv its been coated in primer ready for the varnish tomorrow then need to sort the doors out can get runners off ebay its just the glass. do i need to use a certain type of glass for the doors? altho ive got a big sheet of perspex thats about 5mm thick but im assuming this would be to flexible and snakey would get out
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 13/08/2011 : 19:02:11
the doors are going to be the whole front of the viv and its about 2.5ft high so will go with glass. cheers
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/08/2011 : 18:56:46
Perspex can be used, it all depends on how big you make the doors. I had 5mm thick perspex on my boa viv, it never escaped. However prior to that when the corns were living in it they worked out that there was enough give on the doors to squeeze through. So it totally depends on the size on the snake really, my larger ones couldn't, my smaller ones could.

As for glass, you can use a bit of 4mm float for corns and the like, but anything with much more muscle in then I'd suggest toughened glass. If you use the float, tell them what it's for and they will normally sand the edges a bit so they wont be sharp as well.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000