The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 locusts break for freedom

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rake Posted - 10/08/2011 : 11:03:46
had to share this as quite comical, my beardie drake fed for first time today on locusts which resulted in locust break for freedom, hes on the living room floor tipped locust tub over with his head right in there scoffing as many as possible while the rest hop for there life resulting in my OH screaming on the sofa and me chasing round living room cup and shoe in hand to catch them.......while drake sits nice and calm wth his head in tub
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spindle Posted - 14/08/2011 : 16:13:00
Im about to get 2 rankins dragons and this is exactly why my OH is worried
Rake Posted - 11/08/2011 : 11:42:16
if a video was taken it would of qualified for youve been framed lol, drake was on the hunt this morning and caught a few stragglers although i did laugh when one jumped out the OHs handbag hehe, ive given him a few adults to keep an eye on in a sealed tub which he hugged very tight as he watched drake run around catching the relatives
Mort13 Posted - 11/08/2011 : 11:33:51
Glad its not just me then.
Rake,why not keep a couple of them in a tub. its an easy pet for your kids to have,and if they get bored of them,well your beardie will *look after* them!
Sta~ple Posted - 11/08/2011 : 11:05:04
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Am I the only one that thinks locusts are pretty looking bugs then?

Nope they are pretty cute :3 the wormies and the black bugs.. that's different!
HannahB Posted - 11/08/2011 : 10:59:48
and you didn't get a video of you trying to catch them?! lol
hope they are all caught soon!
stotty01 Posted - 11/08/2011 : 10:12:03
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

no they do have nice yellows to them wax worms arnt bad there just like maggots
Rake Posted - 11/08/2011 : 09:43:31
im not sure about pretty mort13 but they do look better than some of the other bugs i keep especially the roaches they still make my skin crawl
Mort13 Posted - 11/08/2011 : 09:05:32
Rake Posted - 11/08/2011 : 08:17:20
ibug eaters are more work feeding but still fun lol, hes doing really well eats like a looney still picking it up and throwing it around, hes gone from a lil nippy to if he sees my hand pass near the rub he strikes the plastic but a golden boy when hes out
kdlang Posted - 10/08/2011 : 23:17:32
This is exactly the reason why I wont get anything that eat bugs.
scottishbluebird Posted - 10/08/2011 : 23:08:19
Least wax worms wont jump everywhere! Talking of worms, hows your other little snakie getting on? stil a bit nippy? <wants guppy eating vid!>
Sta~ple Posted - 10/08/2011 : 20:46:14
quote:
Originally posted by Rake

we may have to step up living room patrol tonight to compensate for any extra incidents we may even have to deploy DAS'BOOT lol especially if they join up with the roaches and crickets

Maybe the waterguns could be used if nessary :P
Rake Posted - 10/08/2011 : 20:18:24
eewwww mamma thats exactly why i wouldnt go near em lol, i think i may of hit another problem, my lil 2yr old caught one climbing the sofa and is now carrying the tub around calling them his pets, while my lil girl suggests names for him, it could now get difficult tomorrow lol
Mamma Posted - 10/08/2011 : 20:05:05
quote:
Originally posted by Rake

looking back it was funny (cup to catch them shoe to squish if i couldnt) all tho the OH nearly had a heart attack lol, not sure i could deal with a wax worm migration how did you get hold of them all ?

with my tongs. I wasnt pickin them up! They feel minging and squishy haha
Newbie Posted - 10/08/2011 : 19:45:17
This is exactly why my OH banned me from getting beardies! Good luck with the round up!
lotabob Posted - 10/08/2011 : 19:21:22
HAHA oh dear, those can really shift too, good luck rounding them up. I had a cricket escapee it got about 2 hops away and my dog pounced on it and ate it.
Rake Posted - 10/08/2011 : 18:54:53
we may have to step up living room patrol tonight to compensate for any extra incidents we may even have to deploy DAS'BOOT lol especially if they join up with the roaches and crickets
Sta~ple Posted - 10/08/2011 : 17:29:04
Becaful they don't start a riot and start burning carpet fluff and smashing through cobwebs.
Sammysnake Posted - 10/08/2011 : 16:10:42
Oh man that made me laugh. I can so see it!!! The first time I used locust I went into the garden to transfer them from the tub they arrived in to their new home and it's a good job I did as I ended up dropping the lot. Thank goodness I wasn't indoors like you.
Rake Posted - 10/08/2011 : 16:05:33
looking back it was funny (cup to catch them shoe to squish if i couldnt) all tho the OH nearly had a heart attack lol, not sure i could deal with a wax worm migration how did you get hold of them all ?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000