The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 "Mail Order" Snakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aegis Posted - 07/08/2011 : 15:11:40
Is it ok doing this?! Every site i look on for a new corn (gimme a few months and i will have another guarenteed)

But because i live so far away from any sort of pet shop/reptile shop then they say that they post the snakes.

Is that safe? Does it not distress them? Do any damage?

Also i dont drive! If i did i would have been all over britain collecting new snakes!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aegis Posted - 08/08/2011 : 19:04:27
Just got a quote for £77 delivery from where Jamie is, to me. Guess thats not too bad!
Figs Posted - 08/08/2011 : 11:52:59
Mew came from Jamie too
great snakes!
Mort13 Posted - 08/08/2011 : 11:30:29
I'll second the recommendation for Jamie. I was lucky enough to be able to pick my snakes up from him so got to see his collection. Absolutely stunning snakes!!
Aegis Posted - 07/08/2011 : 18:24:46
haha my husband wondered how we were going to fit so many in here plus the 6 of us! But i have a way :D And said yes to 2 geckos to keep him happy too! Hope for 1-2 corns before christmas as my christmas present lol!
thistle Posted - 07/08/2011 : 18:09:31
quote:
Originally posted by Aegis

Massive thanks for that! Looks like an excellent site and more than likely the one i will be buying from. Some gorgeous corns on there! :D

Tell me about it. I wish I had the space for more. I can heartily recommend getting a corn from Jamie, he's great. I couldn't be happier with the hatchling I got from him.

I used Wild World Reptile Couriers and they were excellent.
Aegis Posted - 07/08/2011 : 17:37:28
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

Some couriers wont take live animals at all.
Theres a list of DEFRA approved couriers on Jamies site: http://www.cymru-corns.com/couriers.php

I've used a whole heap of them (probably spent more on couriers than i have on snakes lol!)
You basically contact the courier and give them the details of the pickup and delivery addresses.
Then they'll go and pick up snakey and deliver it to you! Usually on a run or something, which is cheaper, so they dont come directly from the pickup address to you

Massive thanks for that! Looks like an excellent site and more than likely the one i will be buying from. Some gorgeous corns on there! :D
Figs Posted - 07/08/2011 : 17:14:42
Some couriers wont take live animals at all.
Theres a list of DEFRA approved couriers on Jamies site: http://www.cymru-corns.com/couriers.php

I've used a whole heap of them (probably spent more on couriers than i have on snakes lol!)
You basically contact the courier and give them the details of the pickup and delivery addresses.
Then they'll go and pick up snakey and deliver it to you! Usually on a run or something, which is cheaper, so they dont come directly from the pickup address to you
Aegis Posted - 07/08/2011 : 16:54:28
Im about 120 miles further north than Inverness. I never knew you could do that though! How would you go about organising that then? Are there any couriers that wont take snakes? Gonna need to do alot of research before (and get the next viv set up too)

Price doesnt really concern me. We are quite used to paying over £20 standard postage on absolutely anything lol.
thistle Posted - 07/08/2011 : 16:29:31
You can get a snake from a breeder and have it couriered up. I bought Bailey, and another for my friend, from Cymru Corns (Doogle on here) in Leicestershire and they arrived here in Glasgow by reptile courier last Saturday. I could even see exactly where the courier was on a map on his website (he has GPS tracking). Was really interesting to watch, well.... at least I thought so.....lol. He went all over the country going as far up as Inverness.
Figs Posted - 07/08/2011 : 15:54:28
BJ Herp Supplies it was called, but it doesnt look like they've actually updated the website in a few years....

I prefer getting my snakies from people rather that shops - usually cheaper!
I've got my others from ads on RFUK, preloved and reptileclassifieds
and then used a few nice reptile-specific couriers to bring them home
Aegis Posted - 07/08/2011 : 15:36:48
LOL yeah couldnt see them sending a snake like a letter! Would never get through the letter box! :op

Where did you get Felix from if you dont mind me asking? Not wanting to get one from somewhere that im not sure about. I have a few sites iv been looking at.
Figs Posted - 07/08/2011 : 15:31:43
They dont actually send them in the post like a letter

They pack them up all safe in boxes, then send them out with a courier.
I think most pet shops use TNT, but i'm not sure...
Felix came by TNT when i ordered her

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000