The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Austin Stevens

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mamma Posted - 01/08/2011 : 19:20:43
Have any of you guys ever watched any of his stuff? If so what do you make of him?

I have been watchin loads of his stuff but Im undecided about him. Hes very clumsy, falling out of trees (extremely ungracefully) etc whilst climbing after Mangrove snakes etc...

His documentaries do educate me about alot of dangerous snakes... yet I cant help but laugh at him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-EoCukjYuA&feature=related
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 07/08/2011 : 16:08:36
I liked steve irwin, and was gutted when he died, everytime i saw him on the news i assumed a gator or snake had killed him such a shame that a gentle stingray got him in the end, his family carry on with the wild life, his daughter is amazing with the animals she handles, his son now does it too
Mamma Posted - 06/08/2011 : 23:19:23
I never really watched any of the Steve guys shows before. I think I may have to look into watching some of his stuff xxx
mikerichards Posted - 06/08/2011 : 23:14:31
Austin Stevens is one of the original herpers, hes being doing it longer than most, and hes still alive which says something.
Whilst i dont always agree with what he does, hes very very good at it, Steve Irwin on the other hand was reckless, even more so that AS, and it was gonna get him killed, he took too many chances and got too close, which was exactly what got him killed. I do not doubt that he was good at what he did and he did a huge amount of good work for the cause, and that i do respect.
Auld Baldy Posted - 06/08/2011 : 19:59:55
I suffered up to the point where the prat got bitten. What the heck did he expect!! Utter plonker.
Steve Irwin was enthusiastic but had respect for all the animals he handled. Sad loss to everyone.
Cornsnakeluver127 Posted - 06/08/2011 : 15:16:50
MORT13 i am the exact same as you i am a huge steve irwin fan and have been since i was round bout 3 years old and i also cried loads when he died!
ptmbradley Posted - 02/08/2011 : 12:54:11
I'd never heard of this bloke and after watching that video I won't be seeing him again. Just don't like his style with the snakes at all...
Sammysnake Posted - 02/08/2011 : 09:51:11
quote:
*wanders off to find the 'Steve Backshall Appreciation' thread again*

Just been watching him on Deadly Art. I'm with Mamma in that Austin Stevens annoys me as he seems more concerned with getting a good photo than with the feelings of the animals. He's like, 'Hey look this snake's really angry now isn't it really cool' whereas Steve Backshall is more, 'OK the snake's not happy now so I'm going to carefully let him go.' Plus Steve's got a great torso - oh sorry, I meant to save that for the appreciation thread.
Mort13 Posted - 02/08/2011 : 09:45:18
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

LMAO!! See you there!!
Mamma Posted - 01/08/2011 : 22:52:13
Oh good god not the moon face steve.... keep him to his own thread! Hahahahaha.
scottishbluebird Posted - 01/08/2011 : 22:48:09
I dont like austin at all, im with GP on this one, but i dont think he is hot lol
gingerpony Posted - 01/08/2011 : 22:18:30
stotty01 Posted - 01/08/2011 : 22:14:13
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

he's certainly no Steve Backshall!

nice one gp, your gonna start the fan club again
he did a good one on burms which wernt to bad
gingerpony Posted - 01/08/2011 : 22:02:02
he's certainly no Steve Backshall!
Mamma Posted - 01/08/2011 : 19:32:53
I laugh loads watching him and hubby is always like bleeeeeeep you up to? hahaha. Yeah I laughed loads seeing him jump off a speeding truck to grab a snake he spotted down a hill

edit another thing that annoys me about him is the fact that he tries to take photos of the snakes and it clearly harrasses them, but he doesnt give in. He keeps pushing and pushing ,akin them even more hacked off.
Mort13 Posted - 01/08/2011 : 19:31:03
I like the content of his documentaries (the animals),but he gets on my nerves. Allthough I do find him funny leaping off his motorbike etc when he's spotted somat LOL!
I'm more of a Steve Irwin person. Thought he was fab and cried buckets when he died.
gmac Posted - 01/08/2011 : 19:30:45
never really liked him, so tend not to watch his stuff.
Mamma Posted - 01/08/2011 : 19:25:58
He also makes me giggle when he speaks to the snakes when he photographing them heehee "Beautiful baby... beautiful..."

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000