The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Night vision cctv camera

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 31/07/2011 : 14:08:49
Hi all

well after Custards little hick up with regurging I followed all the advice given on here (thanks everyone) but deep at the back of my mind I couldn't convince myself that she was coming out to drink the reptoboost so on a whim I bought a night vision cctv camera and hooked it up to the telly in my bedroom and I can assure anyone that has doubts that their snakes ever come out of hiding that you have nothing to worry about. Custard stirs between 9.30 and 9.45 each night and is out and about for between 2 and 3 hours each night. The quality of the picture is fantastic, it automatically changes over from colour to night vision as soon as it starts to get dark and you can see every movement that she makes you can also count how many swallows of water she drinks the picture is that clear, I've not watched Rhubarb yet as I wanted to keep an eye on Custard to start with but later this week I shall have a little peep at Rhubarb. Once the vivs are stacked on top of each other I should be able to watch them both at the same time.

p.s. Custard is now back to her normal self, she has had 2 feeds now and no regurge so once again thank you for the info.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ozziesmum Posted - 31/07/2011 : 20:13:25
Hi Mamma I'm just trying to work out how to record directly onto the dvd recorder but I haven't got the manual and it's telling me to set prog. 1, I'm pressing set but nothings happening perhaps I'll have to download the manual from the sony sight but don't worry I will find a way of doing it somehow.
Mamma Posted - 31/07/2011 : 19:41:21
fab ty! I would love to see it! xx
ozziesmum Posted - 31/07/2011 : 19:33:11
Hi Mamma yes it stores to a memory card which I think can then be saved to iphoto and then transferred to photobucket but I haven't tried it, I'll bring a card reader home from work and give it a go.
ozziesmum Posted - 31/07/2011 : 19:25:13
Hi Kehhlyr, I did try an external webcam but as soon as the light started to fade I couldn't see the picture at all, I needed night vision at the time so I chose the cctv camera directly through to the telly as an alternative which gives me a brilliant picture day and night but do agree entirely that external webcams are brilliant. Sadly I couldn't find one that gave me what I needed at the time.
Mamma Posted - 31/07/2011 : 18:50:40
did it record it? Can you upload it like onto youtube or somethin and post it here? That would be most imteresting for others to see!
Kehhlyr Posted - 31/07/2011 : 18:29:15
Webcam from tescos = 6.99.
I currently have 3 webcams broadcasting, 1 inside Tange hondo viv, 2nd (in retic rub) updates my sig image every 30 seconds, the 3rd is sporadicilly on at the moment.
On the page with the webcams broadcasting, a33272 has one in one of his vivs as well, so does Isoldael. When she was incubating and they were pipping she did link to her webcam on here and allowed me to embed as well.
A lot of webcams you can pick up nice and cheap that have little LEDs on them that you can fade to a tiny amount of light, they are perfect for monitoring on the PC as well.
ozziesmum Posted - 31/07/2011 : 16:58:42
Hi Simmy, Maplins £79.99 on offer it should have been £100.
Simmy_82 Posted - 31/07/2011 : 16:54:09
Where did you get the camera? And how much was it?
ozziesmum Posted - 31/07/2011 : 16:26:27
I must admit lotabob my sleeping pattern has changed but I am being very strict with myself and putting the telly on sleeptimer for 90 mins but I can also just hit the shoot button and it will record on the sim card for a couple of hours or I can set it up to motion activate and it will only record when movement is detected but I will contact Kehlyrr as well.
lotabob Posted - 31/07/2011 : 15:57:49
Haha snake nanny cam. I did think about doing something like this but then realised I would never sleep I'd be watching them all night long. Speak to Kehlyrr, he has his rigged to a PC and broadcasts them.
scottishbluebird Posted - 31/07/2011 : 14:31:32
That is good news, and i have always loved your sig pics!
ozziesmum Posted - 31/07/2011 : 14:28:10
Thanks Spreebok all good now bless her, and yes the camera is brilliant when there's nothing on the telly I can watch her instead. :
Spreebok Posted - 31/07/2011 : 14:17:43
Haham that sounds awesome! :)

Glad Custard is back to normal!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000