The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Didn't expect that!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mort13 Posted - 29/07/2011 : 10:26:16
I came down this morning and did my usual gawping over the snakes. Couldn't believe my eyes,there was a shed skin in Ofelias tub.
I didn't even know she'd been in shed She's still been a beast at feeding time and I've handled her as normal,not even realising OOPS!
Just hope I can get some decent natural light later so I can get some pics of her.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 30/07/2011 : 08:25:39
Ooh well done Ernest! You don't half miss em when they hide away don't you,thats why you need more than one LOL!!
nusnakemum Posted - 30/07/2011 : 08:19:55
Hi Mort - yay Ernest did a great shed (will just check for tail tip on him later but eyecaps are there )unlike your happy Ofelia, Ernest has been completely hiding away so hopefully we,ll get to see him a bit more again.(i,m glad i,m not the only tank gawper - its first thing i do in the morning !)
Mort13 Posted - 30/07/2011 : 08:08:05
Thanks,I'd like to think she's settled and happy as I've only had her 3 weeks.
She was fed 6 days before shedding.
@ nusnakemum,with it being Ernests first shed,I'd leave feeding him till he's shed. Just on the off chance he is a bad shedder,as if you end up having to help him with any retained shed it may cause a regurge.
mkmattyk Posted - 29/07/2011 : 16:27:33
i agree with scottishbluebird must be a very happy chappy
scottishbluebird Posted - 29/07/2011 : 15:33:44
Just shows how comfartable with you she was since she couldnt see properly, one very happy snakie!!
mkmattyk Posted - 29/07/2011 : 15:22:06
dont try and move him outside his viv, what i would do is place some kitchen roll down to cover the substrate and put his food on the kitchen roll and leave him covered up for a while.. can i just ask have you put anything in place for him to raise the moisture level in his viv??
nusnakemum Posted - 29/07/2011 : 14:40:57
Thanks Mkmattyk i am tempted to feed him but think i am more scared about him regurging it if he sheds vigorously its his first shed with us so not sure how good a job he does lol - n he has,nt been out and about at all so not seeming hungry i might get him out later maybe some movement might help !!thank you
mkmattyk Posted - 29/07/2011 : 12:29:57
can i ask... did you feed Ofelias the night before???? ive always found that, when i feed mine whilst in blue they shed shortly after. I think this is caused by the snake is streching its mouth, i think it cracks the skin at the nose tip starting the shedding process. maybe someone can confirm this???

nusnakemum try feeding him, if you having already that might help him along
nusnakemum Posted - 29/07/2011 : 11:36:43
oooooooooo i wish Ernest would get on with his shed - we,ve been waiting forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
garrie Posted - 29/07/2011 : 10:43:09
What a lovely surprise :-) and a nice fresh shiny Ofelia
Newbie Posted - 29/07/2011 : 10:36:17
Awww well done Ofelia!
Simmy_82 Posted - 29/07/2011 : 10:30:40
Good luck with the natural light today lol.

Look forward to seeing some pics!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000