The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Lost... and found

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sammysnake Posted - 24/07/2011 : 16:43:32
Well, it finally happened and I had an escapee. This morning Twilight's viv door was open about 2cm but I'm certain I would never accidentally leave it open and the wedge was in the door too. I think maybe I didn't push the wedge in tight enough and he pushed the door along with his nose. You'd be really proud of me as I stayed really calm and remembered all the advice I'd read on the forum when other people lost snakies. I knew there was a good chance he wouldn't have left the room as it's full of PCs and is the warmest room in the house. After about five minutes of searching my husband opened a drawer in the desk and there he was looking at us like nothing had happened. I was sure I'd find him, I was just a little worried he might turn up wrapped around a motherboard or something as I remember seeing a photo of a snake inside a PC once before - Mike would have gone mental if Twi had damaged his precious PC!! Stoopido snakie.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 01/08/2011 : 09:07:57
I sometimes forget to push the doors alway with wedges or apsen blocks it... luckly I've never had an escapee though :p my snakes are too lazy. Glad you found him quickly :3
garrie Posted - 01/08/2011 : 08:53:46
Well done for finding him so quickly

Re: Kehhlyr - wow, what a nice warm hiding place your snake found!
jonoandapril Posted - 01/08/2011 : 07:38:39
my OH found one of my corns had escaped about a month after i came out here, found it a week ago 2 doors down in a kids garden play set. she'd been living off the land for 3 months! shes in isolation at the moment waiting for me to get back and put her in a new, more escape proof viv! how she got out is a mistery, how she got out the house is something i will never understand!
tordyjo Posted - 24/07/2011 : 20:11:50
phew, lucky you found it, i have a viv lock 1 to stop snakey opening the doors but 2 to keep little hands out of the viv
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/07/2011 : 19:38:02
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

I was sure I'd find him, I was just a little worried he might turn up wrapped around a motherboard or something as I remember seeing a photo of a snake inside a PC once before - Mike would have gone mental if Twi had damaged his precious PC!! Stoopido snakie.

Well done on him turning up.
The snake in the PC was one of mine from a couple years back.

thistle Posted - 24/07/2011 : 19:17:32
Glad to hear that he turned up ok. Must have got your heart going when you spotted the viv door open.
lotabob Posted - 24/07/2011 : 17:31:33
That was lucky, you'll have to invest in a lock, that should stop any door opening incidents.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000