The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 sorry topic for a sunday

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nusnakemum Posted - 26/06/2011 : 06:32:49
poor lovely little Clyde is dead, i guess you all know how i am feeling, especially as i feel it was my fault - horrible just horrible, have yet to tell my little lad whose snake he was
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Scarlett Posted - 27/06/2011 : 18:23:47
So sorry for your loss, I know exactly how it feels. Bless your son, you'll have to reward him in a few months for his bravery with another little snakie =]

x
nusnakemum Posted - 27/06/2011 : 18:00:24
Thank you everyone - you,ll be pleased to know that Clyde has a huge wooden cross and a proper funeral service was led by my 9 year old, lovely words spoken, even our nieghbour hanging out the washing had tears in her eyes !!
Mort13 Posted - 27/06/2011 : 16:34:26
Aww no,poor little Clyde. Hope you and your little lad are ok. Please don't blame yourself,its just one of those things sadly.
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/06/2011 : 16:46:23
Please dont blame yourself, its sad but true that these things can just happen.
Love Fiona xxx
lotabob Posted - 26/06/2011 : 16:16:48
Aww sorry to hear that. The events leading to him dying would suggest something underlying as the cause and nothing that you have done. It is unfortunate and I really feel for you and your kiddie but some of these hatchlings just don't make it, be it through illness or something developmental inside that you would have no knowledge. Rememeber that he was well loved and cared for while he was alive.
animalcrazy Posted - 26/06/2011 : 16:10:45
So sorry about Clyde, don't blame yourself. Hope your son copes well over the coming days.
HERICUS Posted - 26/06/2011 : 15:50:30
sorry for your loss, id be gutted if anything was to happen to my Lucy.
hope your lad is ok
monalisa70 Posted - 26/06/2011 : 11:58:13
am so sorry to hear about clyde
tordyjo Posted - 26/06/2011 : 11:33:00
so sorry to hear about clyde, his life was short but happy xx
ntbryenton-rochard Posted - 26/06/2011 : 11:23:44
quote:
Originally posted by Vixyg

ah thats so sweet, i used to make crosses for everything that died, even the goldfish!

Me to. I even used to make crosses for bugs and creatures that I found passed away when I was little!
Newbie Posted - 26/06/2011 : 11:03:11
quote:
Originally posted by nusnakemum

thank you all very much, i love that on this site everyone cares so much about everyones pets

Think we all love hearing about everybodies pets, I even tell Vin how some of the snake regulars are getting on, how they've grown etc! Not sure he listens though...
Vixyg Posted - 26/06/2011 : 10:48:43
ah thats so sweet, i used to make crosses for everything that died, even the goldfish!
nusnakemum Posted - 26/06/2011 : 10:34:01
thank you all very much, i love that on this site everyone cares so much about everyones pets. we shall definately be getting another corn at some point - especially now as we became egg status ha ha and my little lad though "devastated" in his own words is being so mature and brave ! He will be making a cross for the grave with his uncle later !!!!
Thanks again
Newbie Posted - 26/06/2011 : 10:27:03
So sorry for your loss *hugs* Please don't blame yourself, you loved him to bits and he couldn't have had anybody who cared more! Sometimes these things happen and would happen regardless of what anybody did, glad to hear you're not being put off, thinking of you and your son xxx
kdlang Posted - 26/06/2011 : 10:15:50
I am so so sorry to hear about Clyde. I can understand how you feel guilty but please don't blame yourself. The fact that he had a bad shed and then a regurge following it could indicate an underlying problem that you couldn't be aware of. I know you feel you stressed him out more by feeding him straight after his bad shed but alot of snakes would handle this fine. You weren't to know that it would end the way it did. I can't remember how long you have had Clyde for but it might be worthwhile speaking to the place you bought him from.

Please don't let this experience put you off keeping corns, they do bring such alot of pleasure. If you get another just make sure you disinfect all the equipment from Clydes faun well and rinse it well before using it again in case there were any bugs contributing to Clydes death.

((((( hugs )))))
ntbryenton-rochard Posted - 26/06/2011 : 09:55:37
Very sad news sorry for your loss. x
Vixyg Posted - 26/06/2011 : 09:25:14
Oh no thats so sad! Really sorry to hear that but im sure whatever the reason for it was not your doing, it seems to me you was doing everything youneeded to do and being as careful as possible and sometimes these things just happen unfortunately. You shouldnt feel guilty. :o(
nusnakemum Posted - 26/06/2011 : 08:59:06
well he was about 5 months but he had a bad shed and then regurged a pinky so maybe he was stressed out was doing my best to keep an eye on him but without interfering too much. Thank you
Karakal Posted - 26/06/2011 : 08:58:48
So sorry to hear about poor little Clyde. :c
Sammysnake Posted - 26/06/2011 : 08:31:58
Oh no, you poor thing. Any idea what happened? Thinking of you and your little boy as you tell him. Sometimes the kids take it much better than us though as they don't have the guilty thoughts to go with it. Unless you did something really stupid then this probably won't be your fault. Was Clyde very young?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000