The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Peppa Bit me

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Daboyracer Posted - 23/06/2011 : 18:58:34
before you laugth peppa aka peppa pig is my just turnt 3yr old daughters ghost corn. i took a chance when i got her as she was quite active, normally she's a pain to get out but once out she's fine except for last night when i got my first ever bite well 2 to be exact i know they warning strikes but unsure why she did it.

I have recently changed her tank around after her clean out but being curious snakes i thought it would be ok any ideas? oh and i tried to see if she was hungry and she took 2 pinkies without any probs if that makes any difference.

Damo
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Daboyracer Posted - 24/06/2011 : 18:56:39
being 3 its abit hard to explain to her the dangers but every day she'd be 'daddy can we get peppa out i'll be careful' you have to see the actions to understand how much she loves them @mort13 shame about the dog situation i've grown up with them so for me they are part of the furnature
Mort13 Posted - 23/06/2011 : 21:43:21
Peppa could well be going into shed if she's not been out and about as much. Great to see kids happy around them isn't it. I just wish my son could get over his fear of dogs.
ntbryenton-rochard Posted - 23/06/2011 : 21:16:19
My little girls love my snake too, I had to have a little chat with them about what they should do if they saw a snake in the wild, I had visions of them seeing one and thinking its ok to pick it up because its what they are used to.
Daboyracer Posted - 23/06/2011 : 19:27:14
without a doubt and what better way than hands on.
Vixyg Posted - 23/06/2011 : 19:18:21
my son is the same he loves holding her. best way for kids to be, they should be able to learn respect for animals without being scared of them.
Vixyg Posted - 23/06/2011 : 19:17:01
good plan, chilli is going to shed soon too and has been hidden away for days. all ive seen of her since her feed on monday is her rear! :o)
Daboyracer Posted - 23/06/2011 : 19:15:16
quote:
Originally posted by Vixyg

And as lotabob kindly helped me with when chilli was playing up one day, best to forget about it and carry on as normal so it doesnt make her nervous picking up on your aprehension. worked a treat for me

i've got no probs trying again and my daughter has no fear much to her mums dislike lol
Daboyracer Posted - 23/06/2011 : 19:12:18
Thanks vickki, i'm gonna give her a couple of days and then try again. forgot to mention that she hasn't been out of her hide as much as she normally does so maybe the shedding is upon her.
Vixyg Posted - 23/06/2011 : 19:09:50
And as lotabob kindly helped me with when chilli was playing up one day, best to forget about it and carry on as normal so it doesnt make her nervous picking up on your aprehension. worked a treat for me
Vixyg Posted - 23/06/2011 : 19:07:37
Going on personal experience but not much of it and from what the lovely people here have told me, you might of startled her or maybe she just wanted to be left alone, or going into shed etc. Chilli has given me a warning rattle a couple of times if i have taken her by surprise. And they are oportunistic feeders and will eat what is in front of them whether they really need it or not. If im wrong then maybe one of the more experienced people can correct me. :o)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000