The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Security over warmth

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
snowstripe420 Posted - 20/06/2011 : 18:00:43
I got otis back from the pet store as they were watching him for me while i was at school. While he was there, he had one feed and a perfect shed by the looks of it. Ive had him home for about 10 days now, and decided to continue with his old feeding scedule and fed last wednesday. I think this may have been a mistake. I should have waited atleast a week with him being in his "old" viv to get used to. He is now living in my parents shed, as my mother refused to have him in the house, and i had to move back home due to finance issues (im 20).

Since i fed him 5 days ago, he hasnt moved from the cold side of his viv, to the warm side at all. Im worried he may be choosing security over warmth. i have a 'loo" roll on the cold side (which he loves) and bark on the other. Aspen as a substrate. Temps are 79-84 on the warm side. and aout 68-72 on the cool side on colder days. He usually poops 2-3 days after a feed, and its been 5 and still nothing.

I switched hides (putting the loo roll on the warmside, and the bark on the cold) (while he was still in it) hoping he would stay on the warm side as he likes the tube. thoughts?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowstripe420 Posted - 20/06/2011 : 20:17:32
Ok. I havnt been over worried. Just concerned. Usually after a feed, he sits on his heat mat for a few days before venturing out and exploring, or going to the cold side. Just for the heck of it, i may hook up my other heat mat and thermostat for the back wall of the viv. Its just sitting and waiting for my BRB which i wont be getting for a few months. might aswell put it to use. raising my ambiant temp a little bit might help.
lotabob Posted - 20/06/2011 : 18:38:02
I wouldn't worry too much and let the snake choose where it wants its body temp to be. The only thing is just how cold is it in the shed, below a certain temp (I don't know what temp) the snake will look to hiberate and will stay in the cool end.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000