The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Please Help :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ashma Posted - 20/06/2011 : 11:14:13
Morning all,

I've had some bad news this morning. I am currently in the process of moving house and have just assembled 3 brand new vivs for my boys.

The snakes are still with my parents and I received a phone call this morning to tell me that Theo, my first, oldest and favourite snakie, has disappeared :(

Cue me running home from work (now facing disciplinary with HR) and searching the entire house.

I didn't realise how attached I was to my snakes, but I was in tears when I couldn't find him (I'm a 24 year old male...not good!)

Anyways. We found poop in the bathroom and I can only assume he is behind the bath panel (warm and dark). I've put a fuzzie out in bathroom to try and tempt him as its feeding day this Wednesday.

Soooo. I just need help. What can/should I do???
Please help me guys, even just reassurance. I'm devastated :(

Thanks
Ash
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 21/06/2011 : 10:04:44
Oh no,you must be out of your mind with worry! Cross fingers Theo turns up from his wanderings soon.
Ashma Posted - 21/06/2011 : 07:31:12
Hello all. Quick update - went straight to the sticky yesterday afternoon and spent a small portion of my work afternoon going around the office and collecting empty bottles!

House is now full of bottle traps, theres a water bowl, hide and heat mat in the bathroom and the house is covered in talcum powder - so much so it resembles a scene from CSI!

Thanks everyone for the responses, it gave me some comfort knowing there are methods and that others have obviously experienced this too.

With regards to HR. I have a friend of a friend in the department who has allowed my little absence to 'go unnoticed', so I should be ok in that respect.
scottish - my mother is terrifed. As far as she's concerned it might as well be a 8ft rattlesnake loose in the house! She was all for going and living with my nanna last night when a thorough search lead to nothing. Of course, my dad being the voice of reason informed her that the move may well have to be months! So she stayed, haha

No news yet, but its early days and I will keep everyone posted
Karakal Posted - 20/06/2011 : 23:23:04
Oh my goodness.. Everything crossed that you find him safe and sound! :c
nusnakemum Posted - 20/06/2011 : 20:01:47
oh no, fingers crossed you find him very soon !
tordyjo Posted - 20/06/2011 : 18:38:02
oh no, hope you find you snake soon and HR don't come down on you too hard
scottishbluebird Posted - 20/06/2011 : 17:53:35
At least he is more than likely still in the bathroom, so knowing which room he is in is better than not knowing, small comfort, but at least it is something. Let us know what happens. Are your parents scared of snakes?
Newbie Posted - 20/06/2011 : 17:27:03
Thoughts with you, fingers crossed!
kdlang Posted - 20/06/2011 : 14:30:56
Awwww hope you find him soon. The sticky mentioned above is fantastic for hints and tips. Sometimes the biggest tip is to just have patience. Easier said than done but many lost snakes have been found, sometimes even months later. Sometimes I think they just allow themselves to be found when they have got bored of wandering
Mamma Posted - 20/06/2011 : 11:56:51
quote:
Originally posted by ntbryenton-rochard

You could try reading the 'lost snake' sticky in the 'general keeping' forum. It has lots of ideas to try.

^^ this.

Hope you find him soon
ntbryenton-rochard Posted - 20/06/2011 : 11:26:49
You could try reading the 'lost snake' sticky in the 'general keeping' forum. It has lots of ideas to try.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000