The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Regurge after shedding?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AliciaRose Posted - 18/06/2011 : 13:38:07
Mitch shed an hour after I fed him on wednesday, I look into his tank today and find a regurged mouse, could this be because of him shedding? Thanks for looking
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 18/06/2011 : 21:08:59
if he's been particularly active during shedding it's pretty much the same effect as being handled so if it all happened immediately after a feed i'd prolly put it down to that

be sure to leave him 10-14 days to let his guts settle down ready for his next meal
AliciaRose Posted - 18/06/2011 : 15:29:02
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

It does sound like the shedding was the most probable cause but you couldn't possibly be able to 100% pin it to that without checking all the other variables. The biggest cause of regurge (in my opinion) is wrong temperatures so its always a good idea to check them out, size of prey is another one, was it too big? Then there is handling, did you pick him up? If everything is fine then just put it down to the shed (and experience) and have a good read of this sticky http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792 and follow its advice and you can't go wrong. The only problem you have now is the snake withdrawal you'll go through having a snake out of bounds for almost 2 weeks.

His temps are fine and size of food was what he has been on for about 2 months now and never happened before, I never handle him until 48 hours after food, so i'm guessing it is the shed which caused it, will have a good read of that topic though, thanks
lotabob Posted - 18/06/2011 : 14:21:18
It does sound like the shedding was the most probable cause but you couldn't possibly be able to 100% pin it to that without checking all the other variables. The biggest cause of regurge (in my opinion) is wrong temperatures so its always a good idea to check them out, size of prey is another one, was it too big? Then there is handling, did you pick him up? If everything is fine then just put it down to the shed (and experience) and have a good read of this sticky http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792 and follow its advice and you can't go wrong. The only problem you have now is the snake withdrawal you'll go through having a snake out of bounds for almost 2 weeks.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000