The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 The One Show

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Invalid User Posted - 07/06/2011 : 09:30:21
Saw this yesterday evening and thought I would post the link to it on BBCi player.

At 11.51 mins into it there is a bit about Adders plus some bits just after in the studio with Alice Cooper and his pet boa

Found it very interesting how they measured the wild Adders!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011w4wd/The_One_Show_06_06_2011/
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carson1915 Posted - 10/06/2011 : 01:33:05
That black adder was stunning and tiny, how venomous is their bite, because he handled it like I would my Carson only without gloves
a33272 Posted - 08/06/2011 : 07:22:56
quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

the guy holding the head of that retic is the guy who was in essex jungle :) there is loadsa of grass snakes and a the occasional adder in my nans garden i sometimes see them eat the frogs!

its mark amey he owns ameyzoo in bovingdon does alot of tv an film production stuff with reptiles etc
lotabob Posted - 08/06/2011 : 00:56:37
I never saw the one that got me I wish I could have seen it. One day maybe.
ptmbradley Posted - 08/06/2011 : 00:15:58
My brother found a wild adder recently and was going to cut its head off, as that was the general policy for dealing with them many years ago growing up in Wales. So he was rather surprised when I told him that doing that these days could have earned him a possible £10k fine as adders are now a protected species!! Needless to say that adder slithered off to fight another day...
Invalid User Posted - 07/06/2011 : 22:22:04
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

quote:
Originally posted by **Louise**

I live a 2min walk away from huge woodlands and I really will have to go adder hunting one day! Not to do anything silly, just to see if I can spot any, take the camera with me and get some pics but I reckon I wouldn't see a thing lol

Take your mobile just in case lol, I can vouch for the fact Adder bites hurt like hell.

I'm not gonna touch one lol

just wanna see one which is why it probably wont happen as they will see me first and hide!
lotabob Posted - 07/06/2011 : 22:10:15
quote:
Originally posted by **Louise**

I live a 2min walk away from huge woodlands and I really will have to go adder hunting one day! Not to do anything silly, just to see if I can spot any, take the camera with me and get some pics but I reckon I wouldn't see a thing lol

Take your mobile just in case lol, I can vouch for the fact Adder bites hurt like hell.
scottishbluebird Posted - 07/06/2011 : 21:43:41
OOOH or! remember those tube walking sticks with smarties in them! might be a better buy.
scottishbluebird Posted - 07/06/2011 : 21:31:29
Have a look at ClearPlasticSupplies.co.uk they have clear tubes, any width, any length, might just go order myself one, find a black marker to add measure, stick snake inside! (sounds so easy!)
Dutton90 Posted - 07/06/2011 : 21:19:38
they are beautiful
stotty01 Posted - 07/06/2011 : 20:29:19
the guy holding the head of that retic is the guy who was in essex jungle :) there is loadsa of grass snakes and a the occasional adder in my nans garden i sometimes see them eat the frogs!
Invalid User Posted - 07/06/2011 : 20:15:38
lotabob Posted - 07/06/2011 : 19:58:00
I saw that. I love Adders, if I ever get the chance to own a 100% captive bred Adder I will get it without a second thought, after kitting my snake room for a venomous snake and a licence for it too (I think).
ptmbradley Posted - 07/06/2011 : 13:47:06
I want one of them tubes! lol
Mort13 Posted - 07/06/2011 : 12:55:23
Would be great if I could watch it. Curse this ultra slow broadband.
Invalid User Posted - 07/06/2011 : 09:31:03
Grrr *bits not bites, if a mod/admin could edit. Cheers. Also don't think it was his own bos but still a nice boa

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000