The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 mixed emotions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 02/06/2011 : 13:07:07
I came home to find a chicken going mad running around the run with all the others in hot pursuit. In its beak it had what appeared to be a boot lace. I went to get it away from the chicken only to find it was in fact a grass snake. Really pleased to have seen a grass snake, never seen one before . Really angry that the bloody chickens ate it.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 05/06/2011 : 21:14:14
I saw a wild one swimming the other day :D chickens are lovely and a bit sad in the fact they eat anything... even chicken.
Red123 Posted - 02/06/2011 : 20:11:30
No its sitting in my shed at the moment, my 2 boys are fishing and they want to see it when they get back, yuk.
Katie.Dublin Posted - 02/06/2011 : 19:31:44
Did you give the corpse back to the chickens after? :p
Red123 Posted - 02/06/2011 : 19:21:02
The first thing I did was take the corpse in side and googled grass snake just to make sure lol.
scottishbluebird Posted - 02/06/2011 : 17:51:46
Wot a shame, iv never seen a wild grass snake wont in scotland (i dont think) could have been worse for your chickens, it could have been an adder.
Red123 Posted - 02/06/2011 : 13:49:31
I do find hard because all of my pets respect and get along with each other. They are all part of my pack and they all see me as leader. Sounds silly but for example my dog, a border collie x, runs free in the garden along with my rabbit and 2 guinea pigs and they all get along fine though the rabbit does chase the cats occasionally. The cats will run and sit on top of brick even, silly cats think if they are off the ground the rabbit can't get to them.

I know its natures way but what a cruel way it can be sometimes.
animalcrazy Posted - 02/06/2011 : 13:37:15
oh dear, just natural for them but can understand your reaction. At least your chickens enjoyed the experience. Poor snake though.

Having greyhounds, I have lots of friends who do too and one or two have been horrified when off lead their dogs have managed to catch the odd rabbit. Happens very rarely. It's just instinct but not very nice to have to deal with as an owner!
Mine don't have recall well so only let off in an enclosed space, no rabbits luckily. Most dogs would chase rabbits just greys are quick enough to catch them.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000