The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Yay!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
manda88 Posted - 01/06/2011 : 12:32:46
Bit of a random thread to post, but I'm really happy today because my corn finally passed her last egg! She laid a huge clutch of 25+ eggs on the 20th May, but had one stuck a good 8 or so inches up from her vent. I took her to the vet a few days later and they gave her a shot of oxytocin, and put some lubricant up towards the egg to try and help her push it down, but unfortunately this didn't work, so I took her back again on Friday and she had the egg deflated. I felt really bad for the poor egg as it was definitely fertile, as it had visibly grown while it had been stuck inside her, but I can't be too disappointed as she's given me such a beautiful clutch of eggs :)
I absolutely cannot wait until they hatch, fortunately it's going reeeeeally quickly already, I can't believe it's almost been 2 weeks already that they've been incubating! I'm expecting lavender and hypo lavender hatchlings around mid July, so watch this space for millions of photos!!
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
manda88 Posted - 05/06/2011 : 22:23:02
quote:
Originally posted by **Louise**

I'm going to pair up my 2 hypo motleys who are both het lavender so fingers crossed this should give me a few hypo lavender motleys.

1/4 is pretty good odds! gotta love a good motley, especially lavender motley
Only1Nitro Posted - 05/06/2011 : 20:44:19
good luck **Louise**
Invalid User Posted - 05/06/2011 : 18:53:10
I'm going to pair up my 2 hypo motleys who are both het lavender so fingers crossed this should give me a few hypo lavender motleys.
manda88 Posted - 05/06/2011 : 18:43:39
It's no dumb at all! :) We all have to learn somewhere!
Basically, to get hypo lavender babies, you would need to breed two parents that share the same genes, so in this case both parents would need to be either visually hypo and lavender, or het for both hypo and lavender (the parents of this clutch were plasma (lavender diffused) het hypo, and opal (amel lavender) het hypo), so because they're only het for hypo, only some of the babies will be visually hypo lavender, whereas if both the parents were visually hypo opal and hypo plasma, then all of the babies would be hypo lavenders, because being visually something is stronger than being het something...I hope that makes sense!!! Haha.
Check out http://www.corncalc.com/, I love this site, it took me forever to work out how to use it though!! It should help you out a lot with learning how genetics work, it certainly helped me, and it's loads of fun to work out what babies can be produced!
Only1Nitro Posted - 04/06/2011 : 02:19:38
i dont think ill ever get genetics lol
Jayde Posted - 03/06/2011 : 21:36:59
Thankyou!! I'll deffiniately be keeping posted on your little beauties :)
Out of interest, and will probably seem a little dumb, but can you only breed hypo lavenders from another hypo lavender, or a lavender and a hypo? As I'm not really sussed on the genetics behind patterns yet.
manda88 Posted - 03/06/2011 : 10:14:40
Haha of course you can, Jayde! They're due to hatch around mid July, and I'll definitely be making a post on here raving about how excited I am that they're hatching
Time certainly does fly doesn't it, I can't believe they've been incubating for 2 weeks already! Only another 5 or 6 to go!
SexyBear77 Posted - 02/06/2011 : 20:52:32
Very glad she's ok now- was it really 13 days ago she laid? Time flies eh?!
Jayde Posted - 02/06/2011 : 20:46:44
Sorry to hear you've lost a few eggs, but glad mum's ok.
I know this is totally jumping the gun, but Hypo Lavender corn is my ultimate desire!!
If you do have any hatch.. Please please pretty please.. could I reserve one? !!
manda88 Posted - 02/06/2011 : 10:25:31
Thanks, all! I checked on the eggs last night and unfortunately it looks like I've lost two eggs, one of which was looking dodgy from the start anyway as half of it was brown like a slug, and the other is one small one at the bottom of the clump. However the rest of the clutch is still looking great, it's now day 13 of incubation and they're all lovely, white and plump, so now I just have to get them through the next 35-45 days!
Mort13 Posted - 02/06/2011 : 00:15:33
Aw glad she's ok. Good luck with the eggs,looks like you'll have a lot of teeny mouths to feed soon.
thistle Posted - 01/06/2011 : 23:50:25
Glad she's ok. It must have been such a relief to see that last egg pass.

Good luck with the clutch.
HannahB Posted - 01/06/2011 : 17:07:03
glad shes ok - hope the clutch hatch ok for you
manda88 Posted - 01/06/2011 : 13:08:08
I certainly am, I would have hated for her to have been operated on or anything, as I know a few people have had some terrible luck with their corns this year with becoming egg bound and all sorts, so I'm really pleased it was dealt with so easily :)
Invalid User Posted - 01/06/2011 : 13:07:08
Glad to read she's doing ok.

Good luck with the eggs.
gingerpony Posted - 01/06/2011 : 13:01:13
thank goodnes she's ok! bet you're relieved!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000