The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Probably not in the right section...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AliciaRose Posted - 27/05/2011 : 21:04:12
But I had an allergic reaction to my antibiotics today (penicillin) got carted off to hospital in an ambulance, was given an oxygen mask and 3 injections of adrenaline, also when I left they gave me some steroids to take as I did my lungs some damage. Am feeling alot better, just have such a swollen throat/chin I look like one of them bo selecta characters haha.
Anyway was told to take it easy, so doubt i'll be posting much over the next few days, just wanted to let ya all know.
Send me your best wishes, am going to need them, feeling so sorry for myself lol.
Think am going to sue my doctor as she gave me 500mg of penicillin which I did definetly not need. The hospital doctor said I didn't need antibiotics at all when he saw my infected insect bite, he said it would of happily healed on it's own!
So am really not happy, could it be gross negligence? I dont know but anyway, am feeling better so that's the good thing.
Thanks for taking the time to read
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
animalcrazy Posted - 29/05/2011 : 09:35:22
What an awful experience. Hope you are fully recovered soon.
Alyson19802 Posted - 28/05/2011 : 23:54:12
Get better soon
gingerpony Posted - 28/05/2011 : 22:35:27
hope you're ok but i'm afraid i'm with mikeR on the technicalities side
tordyjo Posted - 28/05/2011 : 10:24:53
Hope you feel better soon - i'm recovering from an asthma attack so knonw how you feel, i'm also allergic to erythromycin another type of antibiotic - if i need them i always tell the doctor before prescribing - but since its not a first line treatment its not so bad, just keep something with you saying you have a penicillin allergy and tell dentist/doctor any medical professional if needed
Mort13 Posted - 28/05/2011 : 10:01:31
Oh no,I hope you feel better soon and get some sleep. That must have been frightening for you and your family.
I went through this with my daughter a couple of years ago,she was only 7 and it was so frightening. Poor love had all her limbs swell up so she could hardly move,a rash and an unbelievably high temperature. She spent 3 nights in hospital and they came to the conclusion it was an allergy to penicillin.
I myself have had a mild reaction to it and after this happened I found out my aunt is allergic to it too.
Unfortunately,sometimes you have to go through something like this to find out there is a problem. I'm not sure on your chances of making a claim as you're doctor could probably say that you,if worried could have said you'd rather not take penicillin on the off chance you may have a reaction. Even though its down in my daughters and my records I always mention it to the doctor when getting prescribed antibiotics to play on the safe side.I'm no expert and I'm not trying to put you off by the way.
mikerichards Posted - 27/05/2011 : 23:14:44
quote:
Originally posted by AliciaRose

Thanks everyone really tired but cant sleep!
And Mike, my doctor knew my family has a medical history of being allergic to pennacillin. My mother, uncle, nan, and grandad all are.
And when she asked if I was I said 'I dont know' but knowing this she should of thought I probably am seeing as everyone else in my family is, just my opinion but probably the more sensible thing to do.

Its a difficult one, however, on the flip side, not everyone in your family are, so its tricky. It didnt kill you, and you know now, life is a learning curve.
hidesight is awesome for things like this, the real thing is, do you want to destroy someone career for this?? because thats what will happen if you sue for gross negligence, its not something that leaves someones record quickly.
if you are going to be permanently affected, then you have better moral grounds, but if you arent, then is it worth it??
at least its not worse!
MsThomson Posted - 27/05/2011 : 23:05:24
Hope you feel better tomorrow and the swelling goes down soon. x
AliciaRose Posted - 27/05/2011 : 22:46:18
Thanks everyone really tired but cant sleep!
And Mike, my doctor knew my family has a medical history of being allergic to pennacillin. My mother, uncle, nan, and grandad all are.
And when she asked if I was I said 'I dont know' but knowing this she should of thought I probably am seeing as everyone else in my family is, just my opinion but probably the more sensible thing to do.
Ailsa Posted - 27/05/2011 : 22:28:53
Aww Alicia you take it easy now and get yourself better ok :)

Mike you could've just said hope you feel better soon!
mikerichards Posted - 27/05/2011 : 21:45:04
gross negligence would only come into play if you knew you were allergic to the penicillin and either the doctor knew, or you told him/her, and he/she chose to ignore that fact or made a mistake drawing up syringes.
If neither of you knew you were allergic, if its even the penicillin you reacted to, then there isnt much you can do about it. If you have an infection then antibiotics are standard practice mostly, give the body a boost to help heal that bit quicker.
TBH, if you wanna sue a doctor for trying to help you, then i hope you expect the favour to be returned to you when you make a mistake, thats assuming that you both knew you were allergic.
vllb Posted - 27/05/2011 : 21:36:23
Hope you feel better soon, take care x
thistle Posted - 27/05/2011 : 21:23:53
Sounds awful. Hope that you feel better soon.
Mamma Posted - 27/05/2011 : 21:11:50
hugs

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000