The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Placement of RUB rack...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lucy1012 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 09:54:19
As my collection is growing (rapidly) I am going to build a RUB rack all my self (you can laugh now) I have a very large cupboard under the stairs, that I could place it and remove the door to allow some natural light in, but I am not sure if it will be enough. The cupboard had electic points so I could add further light in there during the day and switch off in the evening. I am only going to put young snakes in the RUB's and move in to a viv as they grow.

Where have you all got your snakes in the house?? I read of people having a shed surely that will be quite dark too.

Also are there any cheaper versions of RUB's that are actually worth considering..

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a33272 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 11:14:12
quote:
Originally posted by Lucy1012

without fingers they will no longer be able to assist with the housework and snake cleaning... i just tell them that you will come do it lol

do you want a picture of me holding my wood axe as a frightener
Lucy1012 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 10:29:18
that's a good idea.. I like that... and I suppose if I only leave a few mm's space between the shelf and the lid that'll help too. I like the idea of lid less but with kids, cats and dogs thought perhaps it not be the best idea in the world...
Invalid User Posted - 25/05/2011 : 10:22:55
I use curtain hooks! If you look at the bottom pic you can see the hooks on the tubs. I know people use strong bulldog clips, cable ties, bolts and wing nuts too. There are quite a few ways to keep the lids secure but I guess RUBs are easier with the locking handles.
Lucy1012 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 10:19:46
without fingers they will no longer be able to assist with the housework and snake cleaning... i just tell them that you will come do it lol

Louise, do you have any prob's with the lids not being secure. I was looking at a 32l under bed one that my daughter has under her bed for toys and it seems the ends clip on fine but the middle could be pushed up enough to allow for escape.
Invalid User Posted - 25/05/2011 : 10:15:12
lol chris!

I have a few RUBs but most are cheap storage boxes from my local shop.
a33272 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 10:13:02
just chop there fingers off :D
Lucy1012 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 10:12:40
what brand of tubs are you using Louise..
Lucy1012 Posted - 25/05/2011 : 10:12:02
hhmmm maybe the cupboard is not the best bet looking at your photos. I have space in the front room, but although my kids are pretty good, there is always the chance of inquisitve fingers..
Invalid User Posted - 25/05/2011 : 10:02:37
I have 2 racks (both converted from furniture) one in my bedroom, one in the living room.(they have changed a bit since the pics were taken, I also have tubs ontop of the wardrobe!!) They all get loads of natural light. I am in the process of making another which will also go in the bedroom. All my boas will be moved into vivs once bigger which will go in the living room.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000