The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 How often do hatchlings poo?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dtookey90 Posted - 24/05/2011 : 10:38:04
Hi all I have a two and a half week old snow stripe corn snake there is photos of him on the pics :-)

Just wondering how much he should poo? He has had four feeds since he hatched and I have fed him once any advice would be great :-)
Thanks
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FiestaSTLou Posted - 28/05/2011 : 00:58:55
mine likes to poo a few times a week and when i handle him :/ lovel fella haha
Doogle Posted - 27/05/2011 : 21:44:18
Hi Dayna, Yeah i can see where louise is coming from! As a hatchling needs to shed before its first feed so thats not far off a week and if you said you have had it a week then that would mean that it had 3 feeds in half of a week?? LOL

But if its feeding ok with you then all is good and nothinh to worry about! But i like to give at least 3 feeds but like a few more sometimes if they are showing signs of not being an aggresive feeder from the start!

As for the pooing then most poo once a few but they can hold on to it for longer! All mine poo at different times! There really isnt anything to worry about at this time! soon you will want it to stop pooing as it will feel like your cleaning all the time! lol

Defo when you get a few more!
dtookey90 Posted - 27/05/2011 : 13:42:27
Yep I have all his feeding records and he's a very good feeder :-)
Invalid User Posted - 24/05/2011 : 13:04:30
He's 2 and a half weeks old and you have had him a week?

So you got him at 10 days old? That's very soon. Did he come with a feeding record, as I can't imagine he has been fed more than once if he was only that age when you got him. Most breeders keep hatchlings back until they ahve taken a number of feeds so they know there are no issues.

You say he has fed four times, once with you, so 3 with the breeder even though it's only a couple of weeks old?
Ailsa Posted - 24/05/2011 : 12:41:58
I have a 4 month old hatchling who's now on 2 pinkies per feed and she poos regular twice a week with no problems, at least not yet. :)
dtookey90 Posted - 24/05/2011 : 11:39:01
Hi I only got him last week and when I fed him he took the pinki and looked around for more but he hasn't pooed yet but he has about 3-4 dark patches that I can see further down him but was just wondering when he should go. :-)
Mort13 Posted - 24/05/2011 : 11:14:49
When Loki was a hatchling he sometimes went a couple of times a week and on occasion,missed a week and did an extra one the next. Falcor has always been a once a week snake. They all tend to vary a bit,just like us humans!!
How often has yours been going,or not as the case may be?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000