The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Omg, absolutely NOTHING can spoil my day now!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Oh How Original Posted - 22/05/2011 : 05:03:02
Well, as many of you will know, a while ago my Cali King x Mexi Black, Lucy went missing.
Well unbelieveably we've just found her now!!
Dad went in the kitchen, and there she was just laying on the floor.
At first he thought she was dead, but as soon as he touched her her tail rattled like crazy and her tongue was going, so possibly asleep or something?
Anyway we've worked it out she has been missing for over 7 months now, and she has barely grown at all from what I remember her size to be.
I have quickly thrown her a faunarium together and got her 2 rat pups out the freezing.
Setting her up properly tomorrow when I can make a bit more noise (everythings buried in the spare room)
So this topic is to mostly tell everyone she is now back, and secondly, to say an extremely heart felt thank you to everyone who kept telling me she will still be alive, and even when I had given up all hope, people were still telling me different ways of finding her and nothing worked, and now she's back.
So to all those people, thank you
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thistle Posted - 23/05/2011 : 00:47:43
Fantastic!

Just shows that you should never give up hope.
animalcrazy Posted - 22/05/2011 : 21:47:54
Fantastic news
Oh How Original Posted - 22/05/2011 : 18:00:10
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by Oh How Original

How are the Dums getting on? found any buyers yet?

sorry i completely forgot to reply to you!! me bad

tiddly Dum is feeding but the 05/06 (still haven't checked!!) isn't yet and i won't let him go till i'm happy he's feeding well hence me not advertising them really
will push advertising tiddly Dum in the run-up to Donny though

and congrats again on finding your king just treat him like a new snake, then when he's settled in keep feeding regularly and keep handling sessions short
you might want to get a faecal sample analyzed/worm counted but tbh if he's ok when he's settled in i prolly wouldn't bother personally

No problem, now the king is back, I don't actually have room for another, unless he would be OK in a 3x2x2?
But from the size you told me they were, I think that might be a little big for one?
gingerpony Posted - 22/05/2011 : 17:52:57
quote:
Originally posted by Oh How Original

sorry i completely forgot to reply to you!! me bad

tiddly Dum is feeding but the 05/06 (still haven't checked!!) isn't yet and i won't let him go till i'm happy he's feeding well hence me not advertising them really
will push advertising tiddly Dum in the run-up to Donny though

and congrats again on finding your king just treat him like a new snake, then when he's settled in keep feeding regularly and keep handling sessions short
you might want to get a faecal sample analyzed/worm counted but tbh if he's ok when he's settled in i prolly wouldn't bother personally
uma and bill Posted - 22/05/2011 : 17:41:05
Aww thats great:-)
kdlang Posted - 22/05/2011 : 17:37:40
Wow congratulations on finding him. I can imagine that has really made your year.
Oh How Original Posted - 22/05/2011 : 17:08:29
No she's not looking skinny at all, but then again she isn't looking the size she should either, in my personal opinion I wouldn't say she's grown, but my mum and dad think she has a little bit.
I very much doubt she's been eating any kind of mice anyway, judging by her weight.
I gave her a good looking over as she was exploring the faun.
But once she's more settled and perhaps done a shed, I will give her a more close inspection.
lotabob Posted - 22/05/2011 : 14:55:23
I think your supposed to warm them back up slowly, and get them feeding, starting small and building up to bigger stuff. Might be an idea to get tested for parasites too, might have been eating wild mice while its been away so always worth while sending off a sample for testing. Is she looking skinny?
Oh How Original Posted - 22/05/2011 : 14:02:44
Thanks folks ;D
Really happy I've got her back as she was my first ever one.
Can anyone give me any advice on the best steps to take next?
So far I have thrown her a faun together, given her a pinkie, and plenty of fresh water, got her set up with temp of low 20s, and I know she likes to burrow so given her plenty of bark so she feels more "at home"...
I am looking at setting her up a proper RUB within the next few days, but her pinkie needs to digest down and things first.
Never had a snake go missing then get it back so if anyone else who reads this has, is there anything else I can do to help her get back to health?
Katie.Dublin Posted - 22/05/2011 : 12:25:20
Brilliant stuff!!!! Way to go dad:)
Ailsa Posted - 22/05/2011 : 11:50:11
Brilliant am so happy for you!
ptmbradley Posted - 22/05/2011 : 11:41:53
superb news!
Invalid User Posted - 22/05/2011 : 10:49:09
Great news!
gmac Posted - 22/05/2011 : 10:47:01
cool on the find
Mamma Posted - 22/05/2011 : 10:41:29
glad you found snake
Oh How Original Posted - 22/05/2011 : 07:45:39
Thanks GP
gingerpony Posted - 22/05/2011 : 07:15:23
yay! congrats on your find!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000