The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Completely off-topic: dogs ashes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ptmbradley Posted - 19/05/2011 : 21:43:11
Hi, my wonderful dog passed away recently and I've just had her ashes back. Not sure what to do with them though. For the time being I'm happy just to have them sitting on the side, but ultimately I'm not sure. I won't bury them in the garden because I'll be moving before too long. The casket is sealed so I can't spread them anywhere. Was considering taking them to a place special to my heart and burying them there, but I'm not sure of the legalities or how safe and secure they would be in such a public area.

I know it's a bit of a silly discussion but I was wondering what some others may have done with pets ashes, if anything.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ptmbradley Posted - 20/05/2011 : 03:53:16
Thanks for the responses. As I said it's sealed so I can't spread them. I don't want to break into it in case I have a little mishap and make a horrible mess.

Very sorry to hear about your loss at the weekend gp. It really is so sad and is just like losing a member of the family. I can't see me getting that attached to my snakes, although I know many others do. I seem to have got closer to my African grey though since Roxy went. She's also called Cookie and is a right moody cow in the mornings, but is lovely and cuddly as the day wears on and she loves having a good stroke before bed.

As for Roxy's ashes, I've got an idea of something, but need to do an online search first...
Ailsa Posted - 19/05/2011 : 23:27:36
Why don't you scatter her ashes in the best place she loved to walk, I would do that if it was my dog. When I lost my cat, who lived 28 years, I scattered his ashes in a fav place i like to just sit and think about things.
kdlang Posted - 19/05/2011 : 23:06:14
My sister has the ashes of one of her pups in a casket in her living room. I'm not sure what the legalities are. It may be something you could enquire about and maybe bury them one a favourite walk. Or if you cannot bury them, scatter them on a favourite walk and see if you can plant a tree there.
animalcrazy Posted - 19/05/2011 : 22:29:35
I have some of my dogs' ashes in caskets because at the time I wanted them. Don't want to bury them as I don't have a large garden and will move in the future I think so not sure myself. I think in my next house with hopefully a larger garden, I will bury them but not here.
You can unseal them and scatter on a favourite walk maybe? Depends what feels right but no rush.
Not much help sorry :)
cattNmo Posted - 19/05/2011 : 22:07:34
I have the urn for my old girl on the side. No one ever notices it but I know shes still about. Even 9 years later I still can't quite bring myself to say a final good bye. So if I move she moves.
gingerpony Posted - 19/05/2011 : 22:00:43
on a slightly different note...
my mum has 2 pet sheep's ashes in 2 urns at the bottom of her wardrobe!
gingerpony Posted - 19/05/2011 : 21:58:18
i'm glad Roxy is back with you

we bury all our animals and can NEVER leave this house!! there's too many pets from over the years, most recently my beloved black and white cat 'Cookie' who we had to PTS last Saturday after a long illness loosing a pet is just awful it really is cr@p

not sure on the technicalities or legalities of burying an urn in a public place though, it's nice that it's somewhere you could still go back to

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000