The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Gordon Ramsay eats beating snakes heart!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Invalid User Posted - 17/05/2011 : 18:53:12
Anyone watch this? I can't stand the bloke so I don't watch his programs but i read this in the Metro paper today.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/863352-gordon-ramsay-eats-snakes-still-beating-heart-for-tv-show
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
QueenVic Posted - 18/05/2011 : 18:28:51
If you think thats bad you should watch Bear Grylls.
Oh i love Bear...
But anyway, he eats snakes.
while they're still alive, just holds its head and tail and bits its neck and rips its head off, then squeezes all the guts out and eats it raw :)

unlucky for the snakey, but like so many of you have said, its not worse than eating cow or pig at the end of the day.
Quiguli Posted - 18/05/2011 : 16:32:00
quote:
Sorry for thinking drinking still beating snake hearts is nasty xD

Dont get me wrong I think it is gross and wouldn't do it personally but I wouldn't be bothered if someone tried it either. Working in mental health ive seen people put worse things in their mouths
rubberbiscuit Posted - 18/05/2011 : 13:21:00
I find that disgusting TBH. I wouldnt mind if it was a documentary showing what people in other cultures eat, pretty much everything we regard as a pet is food somewhere in the world (they are all filled with vitamins and meaty goodness!!).
However for some jumped up pathetic celebrity to condone ripping the heart out of a live animal (when he stated it was enough to make him veggie!) and eat it just sounds like a desperate sensationalist ploy to get more viewers.
SexyBear77 Posted - 18/05/2011 : 13:15:21
Its been proven that fish do feel pain, and so I thinks its safe to assume that animals like snakes do too.

Pain is a stimulus that prevents and protects from harm, so I can't see how some animal groups can be successful without it tbh.
Sta~ple Posted - 18/05/2011 : 12:11:56
I suppose it depends how much pain snakes feel really? Bugs don't feel pain, I don't think fish feel pain as such too and just act though environment stimulatents. Not really sure on reptiles though D: I suppose it to do with other countries standards of killing animals, we after all are quite strict here. I also get the feeling Vietnam is a poor place so wouldn't really have the money to spend on worrying about animal welfare when killing and eating.

I think quite a lot of British meat is killed by Halal...although apparently a lot of is stunned before hand but I wonder if just cutting the throat is less cruel than a bolt to the head and then cutting XD

Couldn't they have cooked it D: thought raw meat made people poorly XD I think it would be funny if it was still beating when he pooped it out.
Invalid User Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:53:19
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

I think because we are all passionate about snakes some tend to jump up and down and get in a state about it.

I'm a celebrity, the tv show, has a trial which involves the celebs biting the head off a live Witchetty grub, then they eat the still wriggling body. Did any of us complain or think it barbaric and feel bad for the poor little grub??

I complained in general about the show even being on in the 1st place. Not cos of the animal eating but cos the show is poop and I cant stand it hahahahahahaha

Hahahahaha, a fair point!
Mamma Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:51:42
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

I think because we are all passionate about snakes some tend to jump up and down and get in a state about it.

I'm a celebrity, the tv show, has a trial which involves the celebs biting the head off a live Witchetty grub, then they eat the still wriggling body. Did any of us complain or think it barbaric and feel bad for the poor little grub??

I complained in general about the show even being on in the 1st place. Not cos of the animal eating but cos the show is poop and I cant stand it hahahahahahaha
Invalid User Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:45:41

FiestaSTLou Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:36:26
couldnt agree more sexybear, everywhere in the world things are done differently, we are not ones to judge :)
Mamma Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:32:46
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

I have no problem with people eating snakes whatsoever. I might not agree with the method in which the snake was killed, but it is their culture at the end of the day, and we have no right to admonish them just because its something we wouldn't choose to do.

^^^ This
SexyBear77 Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:25:05
I have no problem with people eating snakes whatsoever. I might not agree with the method in which the snake was killed, but it is their culture at the end of the day, and we have no right to admonish them just because its something we wouldn't choose to do.
Invalid User Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:00:53
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

G that's not the point, personally I don't care if the whole animal was eaten or not, endangered means just that "Endangered" and potentially at risk of extinction if numbers fall any lower whether it is snake or fish.

quote:
Originally posted by eeji

the IUCN only list two cobra species at risk, the Phillipine Common Cobra (near threatened) and the King Cobra (vulnerable)

Well it seems that it wasn't either of those so I guess it wasn't an endangered cobra they were esting then
FiestaSTLou Posted - 18/05/2011 : 09:53:18
Na they ate the skin, spine, stomach, everything :)
I did watch it, and yes it made me squeemish, but as mentioned its their culture, im sure the muslims say the same thing when we eat pork and the hindus when we eat beef and even eqyptions when chinese eat cats ;) its just their way of life and its part of the food chain, if u watched it properly u would have also seen that they where eating the spine for calcium, as this is very hard to come by out there, and i have a uncle that lived in vietnam and camdondia for about 2 years and this actually came up in a convo not so long ago, their eating habits, at the end of the day its a poor country, people eat what they can to survive and dont waste! their natural habitat of creatures are fish, reptiles ect.. so its the easiest food for them, like ours is chickens, beef, pork ect.. im sure if tables where turned and we where bought up there we would all be eating snake to. We cannot be angry at other cultures way of lives just because we are used to our own, even if it is gross lol, we just need to remember there are many people that look down at our eating habits, at the end of gthe day, with all the fast food and fat this country eats, most of these countries with the not so tasty looking habits of eating are probably healthier than us!
Invalid User Posted - 18/05/2011 : 09:36:40
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Wonder if they finished off by using the skin to make belts etc as well.
It's amazing how little of the snake is wasted by things like that.

No belt but they didn't waste any.
quote:
the snake's heart was accompanied by curried snake guts, chopped skin, fried bones and a glass of bile
Spreebok Posted - 18/05/2011 : 09:09:39
quote:
Well perhaps those of you that are so opposed to another cultures methods should actually check out the dairy trade, I think you'd be more horrified seeing how British farmers treat their livestock just to meet consumer demands. Just a thought

Sorry for thinking drinking still beating snake hearts is nasty xD
Quiguli Posted - 18/05/2011 : 08:18:21
quote:
Oh yes, I understand it is social differences, but in my eyes from a western culture, ripping the heart out of a still living snake is barbaric.

Well perhaps those of you that are so opposed to another cultures methods should actually check out the dairy trade, I think you'd be more horrified seeing how British farmers treat their livestock just to meet consumer demands. Just a thought
Spreebok Posted - 18/05/2011 : 00:30:59
quote:
On another note, has anyone considered how 'barbaric' we are to other cultures for our consumption of cow products??
It's purely social differences is all.

Oh yes, I understand it is social differences, but in my eyes from a western culture, ripping the heart out of a still living snake is barbaric.
Kehhlyr Posted - 17/05/2011 : 23:34:33
Snake is VERY tasty.
Wonder if they finished off by using the skin to make belts etc as well.
It's amazing how little of the snake is wasted by things like that.

On another note, has anyone considered how 'barbaric' we are to other cultures for our consumption of cow products??
It's purely social differences is all.
Mamma Posted - 17/05/2011 : 23:26:44
it was the cobra commander from G.I Joe!!!
eeji Posted - 17/05/2011 : 22:18:50
double post!

the IUCN only list two cobra species at risk, the Phillipine Common Cobra (near threatened) and the King Cobra (vulnerable)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000