The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Another snake news story

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Invalid User Posted - 13/05/2011 : 19:43:23
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-13395076
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Invalid User Posted - 14/05/2011 : 13:30:21
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

Good on that kid for taking snake to a rep shop! What I dont get is why some people, if they cannot cope with any animal, why don't they just take it to an animal rescue shelter so they then can find an appropriate home for it, common sense. Smoe people are so cruel!

It's not always that easy to just dump an animal at a shelter though and if no-one else is interested :(

Lou where on earth do you find all this snake news :o Well done on them in taking it in rather tying to beat it to death like so many would.

My mum text me to tell me about this one!

Sta~ple Posted - 14/05/2011 : 12:57:55
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

Good on that kid for taking snake to a rep shop! What I dont get is why some people, if they cannot cope with any animal, why don't they just take it to an animal rescue shelter so they then can find an appropriate home for it, common sense. Smoe people are so cruel!

It's not always that easy to just dump an animal at a shelter though and if no-one else is interested :(

Lou where on earth do you find all this snake news :o Well done on them in taking it in rather tying to beat it to death like so many would.
Ailsa Posted - 14/05/2011 : 12:06:22
HannahB Posted - 13/05/2011 : 22:48:12
poor snake but good on the lad for having some sense and taking it to a rep shop
hope a new home (with sensible and knowledgeable owners!!) is found soon
kdlang Posted - 13/05/2011 : 21:38:50
Typical... It's never me that gets to find a snakey.

I'm not surprised it's not very friendly. First it gets deposited into a pillow case, then dumped where people could have kicked it, run over it on their bikes, dogs peeed on it etc. Then some kids come along and poke it with a stick before it's taken to another completely alien environment were they have probably shoved a probe in its bits to discover it's a girl (unless the reference to it being a she is just a supposition.

Don't think I would like to have a go at holding it tho lol
Oh How Original Posted - 13/05/2011 : 20:02:37
They would have got a nasty shock if it had come out of the pillow case and got one of them.
Yet to most that would have been the snakes fault for defending itself, not daft kids poking it with sticks.
Good on the lad who took it to the pet shop.
Sounds like the classic dump story, owner can't cope with his/her purchase, and dumps it in a pillow case.
No wonder snake owners get a bad name with people like that though really...
josh9961 Posted - 13/05/2011 : 19:45:43
Good on that kid! Honestly, poking an afrock with a stick... Lucky it didn't poke back!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000