The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Could the funny noises be my missing snake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Oh How Original Posted - 13/05/2011 : 18:32:11
Well, on 11th November 2010 my King snake went missing, I basically pulled every room in the house apart, and didn't find her, after about 3 months of leaving pinkies out in warm places, and heat mats out and things to try attracting her out, I gave up hope and thought she must be dead by then, but after visiting the pet shop they told me she could easily still be alive, living off spiders and things.
Now last night, there was a very very strange scratching sound coming from my attic, could hear it as clear as anything, it sounded like a rat or mouse (wasn't aware we had them lol) but the scratching then became slower and slower than stopped.
Could it be that maybe the snake is still alive and was constricting it and thats the reason for the scratching slowing?
I know it's very very far fetched, but I'd really love to find her now, and after so many people have told me she could easily still be alive, it's made me wonder if it would be worth having another good search in the attic for her?
I'd also like the point at, that the houses warm water pipes run up my wall, and the scratching was in the corner were the water pipes go up into the loft at...
Does anyone think she could still be alive, or am I just clutching at straws here?
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dusk Posted - 17/05/2011 : 23:35:38
I hope ye find your snake! They seem to be experts at escaping The corn snake we have has escaped three times so far and we only have him about 5 weeks. We're waiting for a vivarium to be delivered, at the moment he is in a glass case that was used for a spider but the lid is not secure. We've taped it down and also put weights on it to try to keep him in but he's got out and ended up curled up behind the couch in the same place each time. Hope to hear good news about your snake soon.
mikerichards Posted - 17/05/2011 : 17:21:57
oh, and the scratching, could have been a mouse falling asleep on the job, but more likely to be expansion and contraction of the heating system.
mikerichards Posted - 17/05/2011 : 17:20:33
eating spiders?? seriously? someone doesnt know their .... from their elbow. The snake is probably fine, the king will live for ages without food anyway, and most likely will find all the little mices you didnt even know you had, exactly what mine did when he was out for 4 months.
He/She/it will turn up one day, when you are least expecting it and have lost hope, they are good at that. Mine turned up over a month after moving out, much to the horror of the new tenants, who promptly paid their 6 months rent and moved out too!!
I have had no luck whatsoever with bottle traps, have tried a couple of times!
Invalid User Posted - 17/05/2011 : 17:13:20
Remember that story in the news, someone thought they had rats and really it was a tramp living in their attic!!
Lee123 Posted - 17/05/2011 : 12:23:24
i had a corn last year that went awol for 3 months. turned up curled up ontop of the Wii !

Also had one turn up next door ( who has an amazing fear of snakes! ). That one had eaten recently so it may be what you heard in your loft.

josh9961 Posted - 14/05/2011 : 19:56:33
Don't give up, they can turn up months down the line
Oh How Original Posted - 14/05/2011 : 19:54:40
Well, she wasn't in the bottle when we checked
Oh well, was nice to think there was a chance, never mind,
josh9961 Posted - 14/05/2011 : 13:51:16
Good Luck!
Oh How Original Posted - 14/05/2011 : 13:48:22
Oddly enough, visited the snake shop were I got her from originally today for the first time in months (found a different shop a lot closer and mates with the owners) and they have a cali king x mexi black, and it is female and absolutely identical to my old one, and probably about the size she would be now.
May be a good omen...
Going up in the loft in a few minutes to have a check anyway
animalcrazy Posted - 13/05/2011 : 22:17:47
Hope it works and your reunited quickly.
josh9961 Posted - 13/05/2011 : 20:35:48
I had an escape a couple of months ago. Luckily my snakes are in a sealed and locked room! I just stuck a bottle trap in the middle of the room and waited...
jimspook Posted - 13/05/2011 : 20:32:08
Good luck with that. Don't know what I would do if mine got out, fingers and toes crossed
josh9961 Posted - 13/05/2011 : 20:32:01
Don't give up, they're hardy little things!
Oh How Original Posted - 13/05/2011 : 20:24:33
Well the bottle trap is set with 2 fluffs in it to try getting her into it, so we shall see.
I'm very doubtful, but it's worth a try.
Oh How Original Posted - 13/05/2011 : 18:47:46
Yeah I am just making a new one now, I tried all sorts last time to find her, and the weird thing is, we only nipped to the shop after putting her in her new viv and she was gone by the time we got back, it was literally a 2-3 minute gap, so it's amazing she didn't smell the pinkie and come out to it.
HannahB Posted - 13/05/2011 : 18:44:13
maybe leave a bottle trap up there with something yummy in and see what you catch
worth a try! hope you find her soon
ptmbradley Posted - 13/05/2011 : 18:37:33
hope you find her mate...
Oh How Original Posted - 13/05/2011 : 18:32:52
Damn, I apologise, just realised this is the corn snake forum, not king snake, thought I'd opened king snake one up lol.
My bad

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000