The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 How long till you became a snakey expert?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jordy845 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 19:22:06
hey guys, just wondering how long it took you all to become awesome Snakey Experts :)
was it long process throughout, or did you manage to pick it up more or less straight away :)

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jordy845 Posted - 11/05/2011 : 19:03:44
i look forward to my years of learning :) and hopefully more companied by more snakes as it goes along :D
rubberbiscuit Posted - 11/05/2011 : 19:01:26
I dont think age is relevant at all. (at least I hope not coz Im pushing forty!!). Is anybody watching Essex Jungle??, some of the owners on it are quite young and look like they will be planks for there entire lives.
I expect its a combination of research, practical experience and the willingness to admit you will never know everything!! That is an expert to me.
Invalid User Posted - 11/05/2011 : 07:35:23
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

im sorry i do not think starting young has anything to do with it, it's all about doing your research before you start keeping snakes and learning as you go, gaining more and more knowledge over the years.

So then the younger you start the more years you will have to learn as you go and gain that knowledge

If you start at 18 you have years and years ahead to learn, if you start at 70......not so many years left lol
jordy845 Posted - 11/05/2011 : 00:20:49
ah yea iv seen that one :) tis good
gmac Posted - 11/05/2011 : 00:16:31
quote:
Originally posted by jordy845

so this other foum is all the breeds of snake in one conjoined forum, rather than this one which has seperate forums for the perticular snake?

If you want a single forum that has the snakes and lizards and a few more thrown in for good measure there is

jordy845 Posted - 11/05/2011 : 00:09:11
thats just the excitment kicking in there ^^
jordy845 Posted - 11/05/2011 : 00:06:59
haha right i see, :) btw not sure if its relevant to the thread >.< but im gettin my new little girl friday so pictures will surely be up :)
SexyBear77 Posted - 11/05/2011 : 00:02:53
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

quote:

so this other foum is all the breeds of snake in one conjoined forum, rather than this one which has seperate forums for the perticular snake?

It covers all reptiles. There are forums separated into snakes/lizards etc but all snakes are lumped in together so does get confusing and a tad annoying if you're looking for something specific.

There is always the "search" option.
a33272 Posted - 11/05/2011 : 00:00:03
the other forum being mentioned, is for a full range of reptiles not just one specific kind
ptmbradley Posted - 11/05/2011 : 00:00:02
quote:

It covers all reptiles. There are forums separated into snakes/lizards etc but all snakes are lumped in together so does get confusing and a tad annoying if you're looking for something specific.
jordy845 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 23:57:49
SexyBear77 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 23:53:20
Ha ha noooo... just being arrogant.
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/05/2011 : 23:50:16
Don't get me wrong, there is a massive wealth on info over there and a huge amount of people with great knowledge, but you do have a greater amount of planks due to greater user number. The ratio is probably about even with here really, but you see it more due to numbers over there.
Plus this being cornsnake specific, it's practically all about 1 species so is easier to find info and get help without threads disappearing 30 seconds later.

quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

......A very good one too, might I add. Nice mods over there....

Something wrong with the mods here then??
I think we have a better mod team.
SexyBear77 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 23:27:53
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

quote:

excuse my supposed stupidy if it comes into this
but wht is RFUK?

is the dark side

is another forum

A very good one too, might I add. Nice mods over there....
jordy845 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 23:26:44
ahh right i see :) this is the first and only forum i use ^^ everyone here is so friendly. haha since i knew i was getting my snakey and found this forum, i think i will hve to join those who also virtually live on it day after day :)
ptmbradley Posted - 10/05/2011 : 23:22:05
I joined there but rarely post or even read it. Unlike this forum, where I virtually live these days...
gmac Posted - 10/05/2011 : 23:19:52
quote:

but wht is RFUK?

is the dark side

is another forum

jordy845 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 23:17:33
but wht is RFUK?
SexyBear77 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 23:10:30
quote:
Originally posted by GillyDuncan

I've also noticed that there are a vast amount of people that believe that post count equals experience, or quantity of snakes equals experience.
I don't want to color myself in a bad light but I find that appalling that some people do that. It's more prevelant on another forum I'm on, but I have noticed it occasionally away from that forum.
Dunno if I can mention it's name, but I believe it's refered to on here as 'the dark side'

You mean RFUK?

It happens on most forums tbh, RFUK is just so massive you see it much more.
jordy845 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 22:46:14
ahh yes good point :) i learn faster this way, im already quite good with animals, i looked after my nans 3 dogs, who now constantly stalk me whenever i go round to hers, iv been horse riding for 10 years now, so horses are no problem, cats my boyfriend has 2, full grown and a kitten :) they are dorable, so i generally get on with all animals.
an old friend of mine had snake, and now realising all of the things on this forum, he has done a lot wrong and now i feel sad for that snakey :(
but i feel i should be able to grasp snake knowledge rather well :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000