The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 My 1st huggle

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alyson19802 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 20:34:49
Right Bailey has been out the last 5 days when we are all around and generally being very brave so last night I decided to open the viv and see how he would react

He came straight out determinded to have a look around

I let him free roam about under careful eye of course and then braved it enough to pick him up and OMG I cant explain how excited I was he went straight down my top lol it was prob one of the best things ever ( not because he went down my top I am not that kind of weirdo !!!)

So I am very happy now that I know he is happy and relaxed, still hasn't fed yet but I know that will come in time, he hasn't maintained his rather chunky frame by starving himself
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 08/05/2011 : 16:15:20
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

I didn't mean I let her roam round the whole living room, how stupid do you think I am, she was on the floor well away from furniture, doors etc and I was kneeling down beside her taking over head pictures for like minutes, the living room door was not fully on the latch and cats nudged it open and I put her straight back. I have a lot more common sense that some of the people who have lost their snakes!

I only mentioned someone lost their snake there's due to letting them slither, theres no need to go off on one o.o;
Ailsa Posted - 08/05/2011 : 16:05:58
I didn't mean I let her roam round the whole living room, how stupid do you think I am, she was on the floor well away from furniture, doors etc and I was kneeling down beside her taking over head pictures for like minutes, the living room door was not fully on the latch and cats nudged it open and I put her straight back. I have a lot more common sense that some of the people who have lost their snakes!
Sta~ple Posted - 08/05/2011 : 15:01:17
quote:

Staple I'm not going to loose her, I'm not that daft, cats sneaked back in and she went straight back to faun, I only wanted an overhead pic so I could measure her!

I never said you was! I was just telling you to be careful! The people that lost theirs didn't think they would loose them either that's all.
lotabob Posted - 08/05/2011 : 14:51:17
Its not a criticism, if you read your original post you said have a roam around the living room and said about 2 cats been in the room, if I'd have read it I'd have warned you against this too, you'd have warned me too if it was the other way round, cats can and do kill snakes.

I put my lot down on the ground for photos or on the sofa too, you just have to be very careful.
Ailsa Posted - 08/05/2011 : 14:36:21
Staple I'm not going to loose her, I'm not that daft, cats sneaked back in and she went straight back to faun, I only wanted an overhead pic so I could measure her!
Sta~ple Posted - 08/05/2011 : 14:19:46
quote:
Originally posted by Alyson19802

I know I was nervous about that to be honest as he is deceptivley quick for such a big boy but feeling a little bit smug too as my comfidence was starting to get a bit shaky I think it was more the fact of how big he is and was questioning myself a little on why I didn't just buy a baby still all or nothing my new motto in life

Hehehe it's all those smells that make them go aa bit quick ^^ Yu shouldn't feel nervous tough, you're less likely to get bittem by an older snake than a baby snake XD

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

I really would not recommend letting a tiny 3 month hatchling free roam around your floor!! Even more so with cats in the room. Unless you have managed to train every bit of feline instinct out of them, it's very risky!

The sanke in the OP is a 4ft adult!

Specially since there have been people on here loosing their babies through free roaming or even slithering on clothes... :(
Ailsa Posted - 08/05/2011 : 14:08:23
Was only the once Lou so I could take an over head picture to measure her, thought id closed the living room door properly, then cats were not meant to get back in the room at the time.
Invalid User Posted - 08/05/2011 : 13:57:54
quote:

I've let Dakota have a roam on the living room floor, under a very watchful eye, she's very nosy indeed, the 2 cats walk by behind me not even a twig of interest that somethings moving on the floor, with my cats if it doesn't buzz or smell of cat nip or treats they def aint interested lol

I really would not recommend letting a tiny 3 month hatchling free roam around your floor!! Even more so with cats in the room. Unless you have managed to train every bit of feline instinct out of them, it's very risky!

The sanke in the OP is a 4ft adult!
Ailsa Posted - 08/05/2011 : 13:05:30
I've let Dakota have a roam on the living room floor, under a very watchful eye, she's very nosy indeed, the 2 cats walk by behind me not even a twig of interest that somethings moving on the floor, with my cats if it doesn't buzz or smell of cat nip or treats they def aint interested lol
Alyson19802 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 21:09:56
Thanks Lindsay x
animalcrazy Posted - 07/05/2011 : 21:08:06
Glad he is getting happier and more settled :)
Alyson19802 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 20:50:44
I know I was nervous about that to be honest as he is deceptivley quick for such a big boy but feeling a little bit smug too as my comfidence was starting to get a bit shaky I think it was more the fact of how big he is and was questioning myself a little on why I didn't just buy a baby still all or nothing my new motto in life
lotabob Posted - 07/05/2011 : 20:46:10
Careful with the free roaming, they are quick when they want to be but congrats on the first hold.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000