The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Spot shred in front of me (not a spelling mistake)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 01/05/2011 : 16:29:13
I think Spot is a exhibitionist I've only ever missed him shed once. Anyway I knew straight away it wasn't going to be good, it just didn't want to come away from his head, it finally did but I could hear it all crinkling, the skin was way too dry. Then it split, and then tore off, he did well and got it started again but it kept tearing, then it was stuck on his tail and was going nowhere. I swooped into action, with my bowl of warm water and kitchen roll, and dipped his tail in the water for a minute or two, then he ran through my hands, and a part came away and then tore, so repeated the process and it came off.

This forum is priceless to me (and other I'm sure) when things don't go to plan, if I hadn't have read this forum front to back and back to front I'd have been really panicking but I knew exactly what to do and it worked exactly as it should.

Spot soaking his tail (you can actually see a few bits of shed that came off the rest of him in the bowl).

The pesky tail section

And the shred skin

All is well that ends well I say. Pictures of my shiny new Anery to follow, giving him a bit of time to recover but the yellow has arrived.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdlang Posted - 01/05/2011 : 22:35:09
I'm glad you managed to get it all off. I agree that this forum is fantastic at giving you confidence to handle the little issues that come up. I'm not sure if the atmosphere in my new house is dryer than the old one but I havent had a decent shed out of any of the snakes that have shed since moving in. I put a tub of water onto the heatmat in Alices viv for his most recent shed and got it in 1 piece even though it was torn in a couple of places, so that looks like the way it is going to have to be now.
lotabob Posted - 01/05/2011 : 16:34:25
Oh and I saw this coming, the humidity has been quite low yesterday and today, it coinsided with the wind arriving (outside not me) so possibly linked maybe. Chanced it anyway knowing Spot's not had a bad shed, won't chance it next time

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000