The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 silly man with boa on essex jungle

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
uma and bill Posted - 28/04/2011 : 20:53:18
did anyone else have a laugh at the BIG MAN with the boa that he had to handle with gloves and hold it near his knees on essex jungle. did you hear him say "you can never trust a snake" HA, "There instinct is to kill", i strongly disagree, there instinct is simply to eat, just like us.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Only1Nitro Posted - 30/04/2011 : 10:36:14
i defrost at room temp any way
gingerpony Posted - 30/04/2011 : 09:01:16
even 4-5 mins is cooking it and will make it unpalatable, smelly and likely to exploded everywhere if a snake constricts it!!
Only1Nitro Posted - 30/04/2011 : 03:25:54
He said 4 to 5 mins

quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Rob from Scales and Fangs is the only person on that blasted programme with half an ounce of sense. That muppet handling a Boa with gloves on was such an epic tool, surely he knows a defensive bite is going to be very unlikely to hit where you are supporting them and a ''killer'' bite is followed by a constrict where gloves will do you no good anyway. He also defrosted a mouse using boiling water for 45 minutes, thats not defrosting thats cooking. The show really needs to really point out instead of just hinting at the difference between an experienced handler, able to safely handle a genuinely deadly snake and some turnip who is only well known because he managed to lose a great big Boa constrictor and didn't think to check his own garden before causing panic.
I actually feel really sorry for the guy with the monitor, just hints of a deeper story than a nutter with a croc in his house.

AND I cannot believe channel 5 were stupid enough to have the narrator say lizards are kept at 85 degrees CENTIGRADE! Yeah if you want them done extra crispy.

mod edit signature too big please see this thread http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15428
Only1Nitro Posted - 30/04/2011 : 02:03:03
iv just watched both back to back
lotabob Posted - 29/04/2011 : 22:56:52
Rodents the world over are on squeeker (rodent twitter of course) right now geting the message out that to avoid getting got by a Boa throw dirt to the left and run right. I've often found that a bit of dirt is enough to distract an animal with sight, heat sensing abilities and lightening fast reactions.

OR maybe by the story he told the snake had been outside all night and got so cold he was unable to react quickly and was out in the open as a desperate attempt to bask.
stotty01 Posted - 29/04/2011 : 22:54:56
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

Im still not understanding why they have that in the shop? Is it actually for sale? I must have missed if it said it was or not.

No, they said in the show it isn't for sale it's just the centrepiece display for the shop.

Why would they have it then? lol. Seems a bit ridiculous to me! xx

we have a iguana called kermit which everyone loves to stroke and also we recently got a african grey perrot called boo at my work
stotty01 Posted - 29/04/2011 : 22:45:37
the whole yeah he is hissing at me now when he clearly wasnt annoyed me aswell....and also that whole brave speach of that he kicked the dirt then grabbed it....if he was so 'brave' to do that why not handle it without gloves?
Mole Posted - 29/04/2011 : 21:54:24
Well I also watched the show with the boys today, and both of my sons were flabbergasted at the kid with the boa, they both thought he was a complete idiot
Sta~ple Posted - 29/04/2011 : 20:29:34
I saw a thing about him giving out snakes with IBD... :s and him not warning people? Not sure how much is true and I saw an ex voulteers comment as well.
MacSpud Posted - 29/04/2011 : 20:28:50
Its Channel 5 and about Essex, you know it's going to be sensationalist BS for the mouth-breathers.
While a couple of the people seem OK you do have to worry about how the show will reinforce the publics often negative perception about such things. One of the owners of my local pet shop (Kings Reptiles in Camden) lives in Essex and dreads the show.
The guy with the Boa is a small man (polite way of saying ****) trying to make himself look hard but the general public will believe him unfortunately.
ptmbradley Posted - 29/04/2011 : 20:01:57
I found a few posts on another forum where he got into an argument and upset a couple of people, and one ex-member of DWARF dissing the business, but that's about it...
gingerpony Posted - 29/04/2011 : 19:21:17
only stuff i've found is on the dark side............and i'd take stuff on there with a pinch of salt! we don't call it the dark side for nothing!!!
Sta~ple Posted - 29/04/2011 : 18:13:11
All I found was on post said that hewas an anti-rep keeper? He did seem a bit like that on the show but I would guess it's because he rescues so many animals and is so sick of stupid peoplE. XD I'm afraid ti carry on looking incase I find out he hits his wife and kids or something now lol
Invalid User Posted - 29/04/2011 : 18:08:31
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

That rescue guy is brill!!

Not if the things I have heard about him are true!

There is more to his story than shown on that program. The internet has plenty of info about him.......

Oh please share the gossip/link. FB it to me if it isn't allowed here :P

The show kinda made me respect the rescue guy...

Just do a search of his name on the dark side
Sta~ple Posted - 29/04/2011 : 17:58:58
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:

There is more to his story than shown on that program. The internet has plenty of info about him.......

Oh please share the gossip/link. FB it to me if it isn't allowed here :P

The show kinda made me respect the rescue guy...
lotabob Posted - 29/04/2011 : 15:49:07
Rob from Scales and Fangs is the only person on that blasted programme with half an ounce of sense. That muppet handling a Boa with gloves on was such an epic tool, surely he knows a defensive bite is going to be very unlikely to hit where you are supporting them and a ''killer'' bite is followed by a constrict where gloves will do you no good anyway. He also defrosted a mouse using boiling water for 45 minutes, thats not defrosting thats cooking. The show really needs to really point out instead of just hinting at the difference between an experienced handler, able to safely handle a genuinely deadly snake and some turnip who is only well known because he managed to lose a great big Boa constrictor and didn't think to check his own garden before causing panic.
I actually feel really sorry for the guy with the monitor, just hints of a deeper story than a nutter with a croc in his house.

AND I cannot believe channel 5 were stupid enough to have the narrator say lizards are kept at 85 degrees CENTIGRADE! Yeah if you want them done extra crispy.
Laws Posted - 29/04/2011 : 14:30:50
i have just seen a few things that shed him in a dif shade of light thats for sure....
gingerpony Posted - 29/04/2011 : 14:26:57
quote:
Originally posted by scubadude

he's the kind of moron who's gonna be responsible for bringing further legislation into our hobby. watch this space.

unfortunately, that's very true

and plenty of shops have a centrepiece.......Sheffield Exotics has a croc, Leaping Lizards have their Nocturnal Room, Paws For Thought have 2 large vivs usually with big, impressive species in (though their stock does rotate and it's nice to see new things)

right, i'm off to google Iain Newby.............!!
Invalid User Posted - 29/04/2011 : 14:02:43
quote:

Mamma Posted - 29/04/2011 : 13:59:43
I would love to be one of his kids that would be awesome

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000