The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Growth spurt!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 25/04/2011 : 16:44:54
OK I've been monitoring a growth spurt in Spot for a month now as he switched to small mice and he's just gone into blue today which is a bit of a shock as its only just over a month since his last shed but it just shows how fast he is growing at the moment so thought I'd share it with you.

Anyway 18/03 and he weighed 45 grams, this was his last weight as a fuzzy eater.

As of Friday 22/04 so just over a month of small mice every 7 days he is 61 grams.

He looks bigger every time I see him.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rubberbiscuit Posted - 26/04/2011 : 18:20:29
I find the feeding thing abit confusing. Im bad at judging size and dont want to wind up with an exploding snake....messy..
Mind you Kiora practically inhaled his pinkie and it went down so quickly he will probably be ready to go up a size quite soon.
(must buy a set of scales.)
Sounds like Spot is doing you proud though!
Newbie Posted - 25/04/2011 : 21:02:45
Vin is 7 months old and 22 inches, and I was nervy about moving him up, only one rep shop here so its limited, so he's on two pinkies every 7 days currently with a view to starting him on fuzzies soon, he's going in for boarding next week and the lass reckons she could find a decently manageable fuzzy for him to go at! So I may come home to a fuzzy-devouring rapidly growing beast lol
Ailsa Posted - 25/04/2011 : 20:04:38
I know it all depends on the size of snakie and have no probs either gettin bigger mouse sizes, but going by my snakies size will use up the pinkies i have then move to small fuzzy
lotabob Posted - 25/04/2011 : 19:36:55
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

How old is Spot and when did you move him to 2 pinkies, then fuzzies and small mice

I don't double feed, I've no need to I can get every concievable mouse size so had no need to. I just slowly buy in bigger and bigger in line with the 1.5 times the fattest part of the snake. I do keep a record of it though so here goes.

DoB- 10/08/10

26/09/10- First feed Small pinkie (well my first time feeding him)
17/10/10- First small fuzzy
20/11/10- First Medium Fuzzy
12/02/11- First Large Fuzzy
30/03/11- First Small Mouse

He is very close to moving up to mediums, the Boa is on mediums and I can see he is almost big enough for one.

But this date stuff is irrelevant really other than to track his progress as I go by his size, and what Spot does is just what Spot does its not a reflection on any other snakes (think that covers it )
Invalid User Posted - 25/04/2011 : 19:14:00
Wait till he's on large mice!

Mine have all moved up to large and they are shedding every 4 weeks on average.
Ailsa Posted - 25/04/2011 : 19:09:24
How old is Spot and when did you move him to 2 pinkies, then fuzzies and small mice
lotabob Posted - 25/04/2011 : 18:12:02
Haha yeah Duke is a monster Spot is just having one of his change of food size growth spurts. Its incredible, I couldn't belivee it today, he fed on Friday so he has been left alone for 2 days and then I lifted his hide and his big blue eyes looked straight at me. Totally unexpected as he only shed about 5 weeks ago.
Ailsa Posted - 25/04/2011 : 18:10:59
Wow I hope Dakota grows like that, she's just over 3 months and on 1 pinkie
Newbie Posted - 25/04/2011 : 17:20:12
Wow you pick some huge growers Lota! With Duke being so big I guess Spots wanting to catch up!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000