The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 what should i get next?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
uma and bill Posted - 24/04/2011 : 06:25:36
As you know we already have a common Boa and two corns but i really want another snake and im torn as i want either a Ball Python or a Milk snake but Steve has seen a really nice speckled King snake, were quite limited on space especially as we know our Boa is going to be huge but hopefully we will in a few years move somewhere bigger, can i have some advice on which would be the best snake to have as it will have to be our last snake till like i sald we move
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Newbie Posted - 25/04/2011 : 17:24:03
I wantd a Royal but got outvoted so my 2nd snake will be a BRB later this year, I love MBK's to but OH says no...spoilsport!
Sta~ple Posted - 25/04/2011 : 14:50:09
quote:
Originally posted by uma and bill

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Just don't get a Tangerine Honduran, you will be cussed at for getting one before many other people.

Me being one! Want one so bad but no may end up with a darn legged royal *grumble grumble*

Just look at many photos of snakes and pick one, then research care and nature. This is how I'm picking mine lol. My second type of snake was a MBK and he's a totaly sweetie and I would love a certain type of milk next and a black rat snake and theres people on here with grogeous corn/king hybrids too.

I do love the look of a royals face and they do look very sweet when babies but as they get older theor bottoms put me off XD If you have the money, I'd consider maybe a small boa, I'd love one! Specially a very pink one!

I already have a baby Boa she is so sweet,there is a picture of her on the photos section. Whats wrong with a royals bottom when they are older lol?

Well you know when you seen a morbidly obese person and their head looks so tiny compared to their bottom... Yeh... XD that's they only way I can decribe it XD

Bet royals get some right tyres when they get fat...

Anyway read this topic. It is very helpful.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15772
Invalid User Posted - 25/04/2011 : 13:45:47
Oh he looks much smaller there lol

I just wondered as with corns it's the tail lumps but with a royal they are lumps haha :p
lotabob Posted - 25/04/2011 : 13:39:08
Thanks he is beautiful, they hold onto their poo for ages so in that picture he looks seriously big but he is still a massive lad for his age. I'd say get a royal, he is a bit shy but has such a lovely personality and are a great way to get a feel for bigger bodied snakes.

Not entirely sure how you check if they are overweight, I think you'd be able to feel it, Duke is solid muscle.

Thats him after a shed and a poop so not looking quite so round.
Invalid User Posted - 25/04/2011 : 12:50:33
How do you tell if a royal is overweight?

He looks huge for his age :s
uma and bill Posted - 25/04/2011 : 12:49:26
lol i thought it was going to be something bad about their bottoms. He is gorgeous i really like his pattern.
lotabob Posted - 25/04/2011 : 12:34:36
They get fat backsides. This is my Duke, he is a big lad for his age.

(Its not really fat though, he is solid as a rock, pure muscle).
uma and bill Posted - 25/04/2011 : 12:30:49
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:

Just don't get a Tangerine Honduran, you will be cussed at for getting one before many other people.

Me being one! Want one so bad but no may end up with a darn legged royal *grumble grumble*

Just look at many photos of snakes and pick one, then research care and nature. This is how I'm picking mine lol. My second type of snake was a MBK and he's a totaly sweetie and I would love a certain type of milk next and a black rat snake and theres people on here with grogeous corn/king hybrids too.

I do love the look of a royals face and they do look very sweet when babies but as they get older theor bottoms put me off XD If you have the money, I'd consider maybe a small boa, I'd love one! Specially a very pink one!

I already have a baby Boa she is so sweet,there is a picture of her on the photos section. Whats wrong with a royals bottom when they are older lol?
Sta~ple Posted - 25/04/2011 : 10:05:45
quote:

Spreebok Posted - 25/04/2011 : 00:27:41
Milk Snakes are beautiful! Theres one in my local shop thats noones has wanted, so he's gone from a hatching to a yearling :(
I would if I could, but my two corns are enough for me :)
uma and bill Posted - 24/04/2011 : 23:33:38
Thanks eveyone some good suggestions, i think we might go with the milk snake and i like the look of the tangerine honduran:-)
Mort13 Posted - 24/04/2011 : 22:54:46
I was stuck between a royal and a house snake for my 3rd snake.
Ended up getting a pair of house snakes in the end and I'm so glad I did.
Invalid User Posted - 24/04/2011 : 21:32:17
My 2nd snake was 4 more corns!! but my 6th snake was a king snake. I found him just as easy as the corns to look after. I got a royal a bit later and found it quite stressful owning her (I'm a bit of a worrier) as she wouldn't eat.
lotabob Posted - 24/04/2011 : 21:15:35
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

my 2nd choice in snake was a mexican black king

That was a brilliant choice!

I agree. MBK's are beautiful.
Invalid User Posted - 24/04/2011 : 20:57:08
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

That was a brilliant choice!
Mamma Posted - 24/04/2011 : 20:42:59
lotabob Posted - 24/04/2011 : 19:51:00
quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

What's wrong with getting a Tangerine Honduran, I seen one in shop when I got mine and it was nice

Sounds like someone really wants one but doesn't have one and will get out their voodoo doll against anyone who gets one before they do.
Ailsa Posted - 24/04/2011 : 19:03:36
What's wrong with getting a Tangerine Honduran, I seen one in shop when I got mine and it was nice
gmac Posted - 24/04/2011 : 17:47:34
quote:

^^^ that with bells on

rat snakes are very cool and again there are lots to choose from but cant go wrong with a king.
MrsA82 Posted - 24/04/2011 : 17:16:04
Definitely a royal such great little characters!! No boring at all!

Why anyone would what a man-eating king is beyond me

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000