The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 How old would you guess?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ptmbradley Posted - 19/04/2011 : 11:20:48
Hi all,

when I bought my snake a couple of weeks ago I was told she'd come to the shop as a newborn around Christmas time, leading me to believe she's about 6 months tops. But she's nearly 20 inches long now, and yesterday I was looking at a snow corn born last August which is a fair bit shorter than mine.

I know a lot depends on feeding regime, but does anyone know a rough average age for a 20 inch corn snake? Am thinking it's a lot older than I initially believed!

Will be getting the snow very soon. Just waiting for my stat/mat/therm to arrive from Surrey pet supplies. Hopefully tomorrow...

Pete
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ptmbradley Posted - 19/04/2011 : 22:07:40
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i've bought yearlings no bigger than hatchies and other yearlings VERY well grown on......there's so many variables it really is impossible to know, naughty shop not keeping records!

Yeah a record would have been nice. My new corn today has a record at least. I now have one that is apparently 5-6 months old and about 20 inches, and my new one is 8 months old and 17 inches, so not a massive difference then considering what some of you are reporting! :)

And thanks to the record I know my new ikkle snakey shed a fortnight ago, whereas I've no idea when to expect t'other one to do so!

Pete
gingerpony Posted - 19/04/2011 : 21:51:13
i've bought yearlings no bigger than hatchies and other yearlings VERY well grown on......there's so many variables it really is impossible to know, naughty shop not keeping records!
Lucy1012 Posted - 19/04/2011 : 14:31:30
I have a 9 month old corn and she/he is tiny... about 18 inches and weighs 23g... it does amaze me the difference in growth rates..
ptmbradley Posted - 19/04/2011 : 14:27:04
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

I have an 8 month snow, who was about 26" at 6 months, he's now about 30" and is fed every 2 weeks! It all differs per snake!

Also, getting a new Snow? I expect PICTURES! :D

Don't worry, there will be pictures! lol

Actually going out in a minute to buy it. Just going to be sharing the heat mat until the new one comes tomorrow, and borrowing the dial therm for now too. The temps look similar so should be fine.

Pete
Spreebok Posted - 19/04/2011 : 13:56:33
I have an 8 month snow, who was about 26" at 6 months, he's now about 30" and is fed every 2 weeks! It all differs per snake!

Also, getting a new Snow? I expect PICTURES! :D
ptmbradley Posted - 19/04/2011 : 11:38:28
Oh, ok! lol

Guess I'll never know for sure then! Not that it really matters. Was just wondering. Would have been nice if the place I got her from had records, but never mind.

Thanks Louise.

Pete
Invalid User Posted - 19/04/2011 : 11:30:14
It really is impossible to tell by length. My first corn was 24 inches long at 7 months old yet I have a few 2 year old corns who are the same length. I also have a 6 month old that's much smaller. Even hatchlings born at the same time and fed the same can vary in length and weight.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000