The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Essex Jungle

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ptmbradley Posted - 16/04/2011 : 05:09:14
Hi, so this isn't really about corns but a lot of people have various reptiles so you'll probably be interested in this.

New series on 5 starts Wednesday at 8pm, called Essex Jungle. Here's the blurb from the channel 5 website...

"Iain Newby set up the Dangerous Wild Animals Rescue Facility (DWARF) 18 years ago in the village of Little Wakering, Essex. He now looks after more than 70 exotic animals and works tirelessly to fund the centre and rescue the unusual pets that others have abandoned. Iain’s latest rescue is a 9ft boa constrictor, which has tried to kill its owner twice. Unsurprisingly, the boa is no longer welcome in his owner’s terraced home just over the border in Dartford.

In Leigh-on-Sea, Rob runs the Scales and Fangs pet shop. The establishment is always busy, but every Wednesday Rob gets a bumper crowd when he feeds his incredibly dangerous collection of rattlesnakes. It is a nerve-wracking morning – and Rob needs all his wits about him to make sure he doesn't suffer a potentially deadly bite.

Meanwhile, reptile enthusiast Jackie Lewis is looking for a mate for her bearded dragon, Sebastian. Local pet-shop owner John, who runs Smooth and Scaly in Westcliff-on-Sea, thinks he has a match for Sebastian. But will the blind date work out?

Finally, ex-prison guard and football manager Chris Weller introduces his menagerie of dangerous animals: six-foot Asian monitor lizard Hector, crocodile Caesar and iguana Rocky!"
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Invalid User Posted - 06/05/2011 : 23:13:51
quote:
Originally posted by Mole

quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

Have you SEEN that guy without his top on!!

Hell yeah!!! Phwoarrrrrrrrrrr

Sounds like we need a Steve Backshall thread started up lol!!

yeah totally agree have some pics of him with a rect python at the live and deadly show will start a thread

Do it, do it, do it!
Mole Posted - 06/05/2011 : 22:30:39
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

Have you SEEN that guy without his top on!!

Hell yeah!!! Phwoarrrrrrrrrrr

yeah totally agree have some pics of him with a rect python at the live and deadly show will start a thread
lotabob Posted - 05/05/2011 : 20:25:29
I'm getting to like to this stupid programme if only for Rob, the scales and fangs guy, he shows the right attitude and approach every time. The narrator talks rubbish and they really should have ran his script by someone with the slightest idea. Didn't know corn snakes can give a nasty bite! Maybe this is special Essex corn snakes with veneered teeth.
Found it quite funny that the guy with a battery on a RUB wanted his idea to go global, someone tell him that we don't all take our snakes with us everywhere and on the off chance we do unless its the middle of winter they are fine with nothing for a little bit or for longer journeys a water bottle (wait for episode 4, me with a hot water RUB going global ).
stotty01 Posted - 05/05/2011 : 19:19:08
mmm well....all the reps seemed good with no stopid owners this time :) apart from i dont think taking a snake in a clear tub on a public bus with people who do not like snakes is a good idea...but the heatmat bit was :D also a bit stupid to get it out in the bus isnt it....

10/10 to the guy who conquered the fear of snakes though :D
ptmbradley Posted - 05/05/2011 : 13:58:40
so.... Essex Jungle? lol
Mort13 Posted - 05/05/2011 : 13:10:46
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:

*wanders off to google Steve Backshall images......*

Good idea......

Moonface. That is all.

I'm looking further south than his face

Lol,obviously you mean his pecs!!!
Spreebok Posted - 05/05/2011 : 12:44:04
Steve Backshall is awesome, I love Deadly 60! Who cares if it's for kids :P
Mamma Posted - 05/05/2011 : 12:13:37
you would lou! hahahahaha
Invalid User Posted - 05/05/2011 : 12:08:58
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good idea......

Moonface. That is all.

I'm looking further south than his face
Mamma Posted - 05/05/2011 : 12:00:37
quote:

quote:

quote:

Good idea......

Moonface. That is all.
Invalid User Posted - 05/05/2011 : 11:01:47
quote:

quote:

Good idea......
gingerpony Posted - 05/05/2011 : 10:58:30
quote:

gingerpony Posted - 05/05/2011 : 10:56:45
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

Poo... forgot this was on again tonight! Good job for demand 5!

Here's the link for others who missed it...

http://www.channel5.com/shows/essex-jungle/episodes/episode-3-302

Pete

thanks will watch it later on as we missed it last night

had a look back at the first episode and my comment is still there *beams* i thought it would get moderated off!!
Ailsa Posted - 05/05/2011 : 10:45:10
I caught the last half of that show last night and its now been added to my sky planner so i dont miss it lol
Sta~ple Posted - 05/05/2011 : 10:20:20
I still don't understand why they took the snakes on a bus other than to show off? They could have done the testing at home XD and them carrying those snakes round for long in little rubs wont last long!

I also cant believe the guy damaged another carpet after already damaging on :o hope the g/f mum kicks his **** XD
Mort13 Posted - 05/05/2011 : 09:57:29
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

You heard it guis, straight from the TV speakers! Corn bites are nasty!

Did they really say that about corns?!! I forgot to watch it lol.

They did indeed. There was an escapee and the narrator said something along the lines of "a corn snake can give a very nasty bite if it feels threatened"...

That battery operated heating system so you can take your snakes on the bus was brilliant though. Def have to do something like that myself. lol

Lol,I feel so irresponsible now,letting my children handle these dangerous animals when they could potentially lose a finger!!!!
I've just realised I've been reading your name wrong. Thought it started with pmt!!
ptmbradley Posted - 05/05/2011 : 01:16:12
quote:
Originally posted by Lixra

quote:

I haven't seen snakes on a plane and can't imagine watching the sequel snakes on a bus either... lol

You didn't miss much, although I do admit I did watch it for shiggles. The whole concept of the movie was "venomous (aka poisonous) snakes on a plane". Once in awhile they decided to use a real snake instead of the CG ones, and I did quite enjoy watching the "venomous" corn snake slithering through the aisles.

RAWR! I'm a Corn Snake!!!

lol yeah I heard it's rather appalling. I expect I'll get round to seeing it at some point but don't think I'll be ordering the DVD any time soon...
ptmbradley Posted - 05/05/2011 : 01:11:23
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

You heard it guis, straight from the TV speakers! Corn bites are nasty!

Did they really say that about corns?!! I forgot to watch it lol.

They did indeed. There was an escapee and the narrator said something along the lines of "a corn snake can give a very nasty bite if it feels threatened"...

That battery operated heating system so you can take your snakes on the bus was brilliant though. Def have to do something like that myself. lol
Lixra Posted - 05/05/2011 : 00:59:25
quote:

I haven't seen snakes on a plane and can't imagine watching the sequel snakes on a bus either... lol

You didn't miss much, although I do admit I did watch it for shiggles. The whole concept of the movie was "venomous (aka poisonous) snakes on a plane". Once in awhile they decided to use a real snake instead of the CG ones, and I did quite enjoy watching the "venomous" corn snake slithering through the aisles.

RAWR! I'm a Corn Snake!!!
Kehhlyr Posted - 05/05/2011 : 00:39:00
quote:
Originally posted by Lixra

That was one obsese water monitor! He certainly seemed well pampered, but a bit overfed imo.........

Maybe that's why there was no luck with the newcastle female as well, he probably only likes the fat bottomed girls.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000